AFMG Network Forum
AFMG Network Forum Index -> AFMG SysTune -> Licence is lost... Goto page 1, 2  Next
Licence is lost...
PostPosted: Wed Feb 18, 2009 5:12 pm Reply with quote
stitch-77

Hello,
i Installed Systune under Parallels4 on my MacBookPro, is working fine.
(under parallels i start also my bootcamp partition!!
So all installs on one WinSystem. its all the same if i start parallels on OSX or bootcamp.)
Now i start the macbook under bootcamp... systune says there is no licence, start the licence manager...

after a few reboots and checkouts under OSX and WIN i remembered about the secound licence... i install the licence under bootcamp startup.
Now i chanced to Parallels an would start systune as befor... the same massage...
Licence is not found...
Please Help!!!!
Any ideas...

Thanks
PostPosted: Wed Feb 18, 2009 8:22 pm Reply with quote
RS

Hey there,
I am in the exact same boat as stitch-77! I have installed the 30 day evaluation on my MacBook using Parallels. Everything installed and authorized fine and Systune is running as expected under Parallels. I haven't tried it under bootcamp yet.
Now reading about the problems stitch-77 has, my alarmbell rings!
Firstly: I am taking place on a Systune training starting on March 4th. I will need Systune to be running under bootcamp at that time. That's for testing it using my Fireface 400 in a multichannel environment.
Secondly: Running Sytune on my MacBook on either Parallels or Bootcamp and only using one licence is vital for it being the right program for me to choose. Everything else would be a showstopper!
And I actually wanted to decide on buying Systune the next days, so I could use a current discount which is valid till end of next week.

So any clarification on that matter would be very much appreciated!

Best regards
Ralf
PostPosted: Sat Feb 21, 2009 6:35 pm Reply with quote
Bruce

It is not possible to use a single license for both Boot Camp and the Virtual Machine. It doesn't matter if this is Parallels or VMWare Fusion. Both of them modify the Boot Camp partition enough when running as a Virtual Machine (VM) that the licensing system sees this as a different hard drive, giving you the behavior that you have noted.

The solution is to create two users on the Windows side, then license one of them under Boot Camp, and the other one under Parallels or Fusion.

I will point out that the use of any audio application under a VM is not well supported at this time by either of these. FireWire doesn't work at all as there is almost no support, and USB only seems to support mouse, keyboard, and mass storage. I have not been able to get any USB audio device to be recognized in the VM.

So the use of EASERA Systune in the VM would force you into only the onboard audio card in the MacBook Pro. As most (all?) DSP applications run under Windows only, I don't see too much advantage for doing measurements using the VM.

PostPosted: Sun Feb 22, 2009 9:01 am Reply with quote
Anonymous

Would it be possible to include a dongle licensing option for Systune? I have couple of computers that I need for measurement work. One is attached to a case with preamp and wireless lectrosonic unit and the other one is for fly dates. Both computers are MacBook Pros with BootCamp and Parallels so it would be easiest for me to have the lisence as a dongle to be able to use with the computer I want.

-Santtu
PostPosted: Sun Feb 22, 2009 5:40 pm Reply with quote
stitch-77

Hey Bruce, thanks for the assertions...
Ok...
so i use the Systune trailversion to the same seminar as RS obove...
I try a bit with an USB-Interface under Parallels, for the first look it works good. At the seminar i would try both options, BootCamp with my Fireface400 and Parallels with my 2 channel M-Audio USB-Interface...
Perhaps i change my thougts after the seminar, but i want use the Parallels version with the USB-Interface for quick measurments and system checkouts or LEQ Measurments during a show (perhaps on festivals, two bands befor my one goes on stage, and i can get a few thoughts or tryouts with the coming VirtualEQ, at the same time others try to do there best on the desk and fighting the challenge...)

So, is it posible to get the 2nd trail licence back, that i can tryout the way with the secound user on the Parallels startup...
so i can checkout both versions on the seminar, with both interfaces...
(on the seminar theres the only chance for me to compare the measurments in both versions, cause there repeatable sourcefiles for every user)

Thanks a lot
PostPosted: Sun Feb 22, 2009 8:53 pm Reply with quote
stitch-77

yes, a dongle version would also be nice!
i got a older Win-Laptop, and i thought abot to use it for a measurment PC.
But now, when i have to use both licences to my macbook...
Crying or Very sad
PostPosted: Sun Feb 22, 2009 8:54 pm Reply with quote
Bruce

santtusipila wrote:
Would it be possible to include a dongle licensing option for Systune?

We have been looking into this. Nothing to report yet, but I agree this would solve a lot of issues.

Last edited by Bruce on Sun Feb 22, 2009 9:00 pm; edited 1 time in total

PostPosted: Sun Feb 22, 2009 9:00 pm Reply with quote
Bruce

Your ideas on how to use it are good between USB in Parallels and FF400 in Boot Camp.
stitch-77 wrote:
So, is it posible to get the 2nd trial licence back, that i can tryout the way with the second user on the Parallels startup...
so i can checkout both versions on the seminar, with both interfaces...

Send an email to support (at) afmg.eu and include a Status Report (find it in the Windows Start menu under AFMG | EASERA SysTune | Tools). Include a short description of how you lost the license.

PostPosted: Sun Feb 22, 2009 9:03 pm Reply with quote
Bruce

stitch-77 wrote:
yes, a dongle version would also be nice!

noted.
then wrote:
i got a older Win-Laptop, and i thought abot to use it for a measurment PC.
But now, when i have to use both licences to my macbook...
Crying or Very sad

Additional licences are quite inexpensive, maybe you should add two more. Cool

PostPosted: Sun Feb 22, 2009 9:45 pm Reply with quote
RS

+1 for a dongle version!
This would solve it all!
PostPosted: Mon Feb 23, 2009 8:41 pm Reply with quote
stitch-77

Hello Bruce, News:
i try it, perhaps i did it wrong..
I createed a new user under windows parallels, download a new licence...
Now i got the same problem on the other way again!
Parallels is running, bootcamp not!
i wrote this to the support, looking for tomorrow...
Sad
Perhaps you mean, i should setup a seperate virtual windows thats not taking files from the Bootcamp-Partition.
So we will see, if i get two Licences tomorrow, i can check that and report...

But thats not funny, so systune is the ONLY program on my macbook that got a problem with the Bootcamp-Partition booting under parallels... the ONLY ONE (no OnlineBanking, SATLive, or HireSoftware, Games, no one of them report a problem!)

So i hope you getting on this an solve it, or the dongle version we spoken above...
Rolling Eyes Rolling Eyes Rolling Eyes
PostPosted: Mon Feb 23, 2009 9:35 pm Reply with quote
Bruce

You need to use the "Boot Camp" user when using Windows as the Startup disk. You need to use the "Parallels" user when starting Windows from the Mac OS. If you mix them up, then SysTune will report there is no license. Just logon to the other user and your license will be back.

PostPosted: Mon Feb 23, 2009 10:31 pm Reply with quote
stitch-77

no, it doesn't matter which user i use to startup... in every System, Parallels or Bootcamp...
My Parallels starts the bootcamp version in OSX...
Now i can start Systune in both users with Parallels, but i can't start systune with any of this two users when bootup bootcamp...
I don't mix up licences, it should be the same one!

So if i get two licences tomorrow, i will try it with the virtual WIN system, without any bootcamp files.

Any other ideas?

Greetings
PostPosted: Mon Feb 23, 2009 10:42 pm Reply with quote
Bruce

If you can start both of them from Parallels, then you have not lost any licenses!!!

In order to make this work, each user needs to have the User Files installed for that user only, not for all users. This part is VERY important, as it will not work otherwise.

It sounds to me like you need to start this whole process over.

What you need to do is upload both of those licenses from Parallels. Then uninstall both the User Files and the AFMG Licence Manager from both Parallels and Boot Camp. Now boot the computer in bootcamp and follow the instructions for installation, making sure to do a Custom install and choosing to install the licence for the current user only. Then do the same from Parallels.

PostPosted: Mon Feb 23, 2009 10:54 pm Reply with quote
stitch-77

ok, i will try this now
AFMG Network Forum Index -> AFMG SysTune