AFMG Network Forum
AFMG Network Forum Index -> EASE 5 -> Clearing Project Waste
Clearing Project Waste
PostPosted: Fri Jul 28, 2023 4:59 pm Reply with quote
Roberto de la Mata

Hello everyone!

Once we have finished the project, we have found a couple of things that need to be solved to make the project clearer:

- We cannot find a way to remove unused Selection Sets. In our case, we have had to rename all unused Selection Sets as "void1" to "voidN" in order to keep the project as clear as possible.

- Originally, we loaded a large number of sketch drawings (one for each intermediate level of a complex room, and some more for X and Y sections). We noticed that the resultant .eprj project file increased in size accordingly. Now that we have removed all of these drawings from the project, the project file size does not decrease accordingly and remains the same size as it was with the drawings.

It would be great if these issues could be resolved in the next release.

Thanks.

P.S. You could also fix the insertion elements in this forum. Tags such as "img" and "quote" normally do not work properly.

PostPosted: Mon Jul 31, 2023 8:52 am Reply with quote
AFMG Frank Siegmann

Hello Roberto,

Thank you for your feedback and for taking the time to provide it.

1. To remove unused Selection Sets just click on the Selection Set in the Selection Sets collection and press the Delete key.

2. If possible please send an examply project with typical sketch drawings you use to support@afmg.eu to check the described behavior.

Best Regards
PostPosted: Mon Jul 31, 2023 4:20 pm Reply with quote
Roberto de la Mata

[quote="AFMG Frank Siegmann"]Hello Roberto,

Thank you for your feedback and for taking the time to provide it.

1. To remove unused Selection Sets just click on the Selection Set in the Selection Sets collection and press the Delete key.

2. If possible please send an examply project with typical sketch drawings you use to support@afmg.eu to check the described behavior.

Best Regards[/quote]

Hello Frank,
thanks for your answer.

Indeed, the Selection Sets can be deleted by pressing the Delete key; however, I was looking for an equivalent button in the interface (or in a context menu that appears when you right-click, which by the way, we miss the context menus).

On the other hand, I believe that the memory accumulation problem of .eprj files is due to application cache. This is because if I have the EASE application open while loading multiple projects, the file size when saving is large. However, I have tested closing and opening the application, opening the project and closing it directly without touching anything, and the size has gone from 16 MB to 0.2 MB.
Anyways I will send you a demo file for seeing that issue.

Regards!
AFMG Network Forum Index -> EASE 5