AFMG Network Forum
AFMG Network Forum Index -> EASE 4 -> Acoustic Criteria for Audiophile Room Design.
Acoustic Criteria for Audiophile Room Design.
PostPosted: Fri Jul 11, 2014 2:41 am Reply with quote
multalisk

As a new beginner to EASE program, I would need some of your advice.
In order to make a good listening room for the golden ears type (Audiophile) What acoustic criteria (and calculation result from EASE) should be considered?

Ease offers so many calculations
I assume these acoustic calculations are good for BIG ROOM, Auditorium, I have never seen people mentioned about them in the small audiophile room.

--------------------------

Early Decay Time (EDT), Reverberation Time (T10, T20, T30), Lateral Fraction (LF) & Lateral Fraction Coefficient (EFC), Clarity (C80), Definition (C50), Sound Strength, Center Time, Echo Criteria for Speech & Music, STI & Articulation Loss
--------------------------
PostPosted: Mon Jul 14, 2014 1:13 pm Reply with quote
AFMG Pedro Lima
Forum Moderator

multalisk,

I guess you will have to search the extensive literature available to answer the question of which quality criteria best suits your needs on this respect.

However, I can surely tell you that you have be very careful with respect to simulations of relatively small rooms. That because EASE engine is based on acoustics from the geometrical and also statistical point of views that in general are not valid for lower frequencies in a room. How low the frequency for goods results will depend on the room size. In that region the sound field will not be diffuse enough and you will have dominating room modes. Please refer to "Schroeder Frequency" for more about that.
AFMG Network Forum Index -> EASE 4