AFMG Network Forum
AFMG Network Forum Index -> AFMG SysTune -> Samplerate Software and I/O
Samplerate Software and I/O
PostPosted: Mon Nov 04, 2013 7:27 am Reply with quote
Gert Sanner

I found out a strange thing that I never thought was possible in an ASIO Driver. My Motu 4Pre would be sitting on 96 khz and my Systune on 48 kHz. It would play and do everything but obviously an octave out.
Now my question would be twofold.
Shouldn't there be some indication that the Samplerate doesn't match? And whilst it doesn't could I use this feature to increase resolution in the Lo end?

Just a silly question
PostPosted: Tue Nov 05, 2013 11:26 pm Reply with quote
hadisumoro

I have found several sound card does not a good detection if sample rate is changed from a certain audio software/external clock. If the changes are twice/half, it may come out fine, but if it is 44 to 48k, a lot of times bad things happen (software crash, loud pop/click, etc). I have experiences with more than 3 different brands and the way they handle clock changes or sample rate changes are different. I suggest watching them closely and making sure they are a match (just in case a loud click/pop or crash happens) before doing measurement. That's just my experience.

In my other experience, although it seems the low freq resolution can get better with mismatch sample rate (hard vs soft-ware), but the resulting data is incorrectly plotted. Therefore what is measured and the graph is not a match.

Hadi
PostPosted: Wed Nov 06, 2013 8:18 am Reply with quote
Waldemar

Hi,
if the sample rates do not match, it is an error, obviously.
To avoid this, please do not change the sample rate form the driver/mixer software. If nessesary, change the sample rate only in SysTune. This is the best way that almost all drivers will change accordingly.

AFMG Network Forum Index -> AFMG SysTune