AFMG Network Forum
AFMG Network Forum Index -> EASE 4 -> 64BIT EASE/AURA and 1GB Limit
64BIT EASE/AURA and 1GB Limit
PostPosted: Thu Mar 01, 2012 1:38 pm Reply with quote
oktorockto

It seems to me that the software we have is quite dated for the outlay in cost and the limit imposed by the 1GB RAM limit needs sorting soon. Does anyone know when there will be a new update to EASE or is the general consensus that htis will be put out to grass while other applications are developed?
PostPosted: Tue Mar 06, 2012 10:54 pm Reply with quote
Peter Patrick

I'm not sure how you work out your cost benefit for this software.
Odeon costs around AU$18,000 here.
Autocad costs a lot more than Ease and it can only draw - it has no idea about acoustics or any other technology.

I'm sure the limit imposed by the underlying platform will be addressed as soon as possible and, like you, wish it to be sooner rather than later but can't see it as a software value issue.

Best Regards
P.J.P.

PostPosted: Thu May 03, 2012 9:02 pm Reply with quote
hadisumoro

[quote="Peter Patrick"]I'm not sure how you work out your cost benefit for this software.
Odeon costs around AU$18,000 here.
Autocad costs a lot more than Ease and it can only draw - it has no idea about acoustics or any other technology.

I'm sure the limit imposed by the underlying platform will be addressed as soon as possible and, like you, wish it to be sooner rather than later but can't see it as a software value issue.

Best Regards
P.J.P.[/quote]

There is another "view" about the value of the software. There are a lot of instances where EASE is being used to model big stadiums/halls with a lot of faces and/or loudspeakers. This complex model brings down the performance of the program a lot, not to mention crashes and computer lock up during calculation. Also, let's say a small-medium house of worship with 8 loudspeakers (spk format) maybe okay, how about switching the loudspeakers to GLL format? I agree with the value point of view, but certainly for several projects, increasing the 1Gb limitation and multi-core support may help to improve the productivity of the company/individual who deals with bigger projects or GLL loudspeakers. Just my 1 cent.
EASE 4.4 RAM limit
PostPosted: Wed Mar 05, 2014 10:28 am Reply with quote
oktorockto

I have seen the press release for the new update for EASE and it mentions a doubling in processing speed. I woul dlike to know if it is now going to be 64bit compliant and whether it will be able to use more than 1GB of RAM now? I am concerned that there will not now be 2 licenses as I don't want to have to always log on to the internet to swap between computers when travelling for instance - that seems to be takign something away from us and is one of the reasons I purchased the software.

Lastly, does anyone know when the update will be available to download?
PostPosted: Thu Mar 13, 2014 4:29 pm Reply with quote
AFMG Frank Siegmann

EASE 4.4 has been released meanwhile and is available through the AFMG download portal: http://downloads.afmg.eu .

See also the news article

http://www.afmg.eu/index.php/read-news/items/ease-version-44-released.html

for new features and performance improvements.

Frank Siegmann
AFMG
PostPosted: Sat Mar 15, 2014 1:07 pm Reply with quote
oktorockto

That news article is the one I mentioned i had read. I'd like to know about memory limits. I guess I shall find out soon.
PostPosted: Tue Oct 08, 2019 11:43 am Reply with quote
AFMG Pedro Lima
Forum Moderator

AFMG gladly announces the upgrade of the AURA Module to version 4.
In this new version the 1GB RAM limit no longer applies.

http://ease.afmg.eu/index.php/AURA_Module.html

Don't miss this time limited offer:

http://www.afmg.eu/index.php/read-news/items/get-the-new-aura-module-boost-your-ease-calculation-performance.html
AFMG Network Forum Index -> EASE 4