AFMG Network Forum
AFMG Network Forum Index -> EASE 4 -> EASE, Parallels, Windows 7
EASE, Parallels, Windows 7
PostPosted: Mon Oct 31, 2011 10:09 pm Reply with quote
slopez

I haven't found anything about this specifically on the discussions.
I am running OS10 and Windows 7 in parallels (or bootcamp) on my MBP. I was using EASE on my desktop (Windows XP) and everything worked great.
Because of a full office switch to Apple products, I have migrated completely to the above listed machine.
When I install EASE on Windows, it seems to install fine with no errors. The problem is that the AFMG won't "see" my license. It "sees" it fine on the XP machine.
Anyone else experiencing this or trying this?
PostPosted: Tue Nov 01, 2011 6:30 am Reply with quote
sebastianlund

I am considering the same option as I only have Apple products available at my Office/School. Are you uploading the license to the server and the downloading it again on the Apple machine?
PostPosted: Tue Nov 01, 2011 7:59 am Reply with quote
AFMG Pedro Lima
Forum Moderator

Dear user,

I'm not sure what you meant with "AFMG won't see my license". Have you uploaded your license from the "old" XP machine and downloaded the license in the new Windows 7 machine?

Please notice the installation procedure:
1. Install EASE software package: which will install EASE, GLL Viewer, etc)
2. Instal EASE Guard: which contains your user ID and will be necessary in order to download the license
3. Open EASE and under the Help menu click Register. This will open EASE license manager, where you can click to download a license.

Please don't hesitate in getting in touch again if necessary

Best Regards
PostPosted: Tue Nov 01, 2011 11:26 am Reply with quote
PaulMalpasEA-d

Just to add something here, I am running EASE on a iMac under OS X Lion, using VMWARE. The licensing has been fine and downloaded fine too, though of course the licence manager install as above is essential. I am running EASE using VMWare's Unity mode, where EASE windows appear as if they wereOSX items. Looks great and mostly works, but I am finding exceptions that fail.

For example, trying to change the OMNI source to a human source causes EASE to crash. On my Win7 laptop, this has another issue (the human sources are still set up in the old energy density format and so to get 65dBA at 1m EASE complains that the source power of 21w exceeds the 1W limit).

I have also had very strange errors when trying to run AURA this way - so strange they were in German! Still ongoing that problem, so for now I have to actually run the models on a Core 2 Duo laptop instead of an i7 mac, but hey ho!

Paul

AFMG Network Forum Index -> EASE 4