AFMG Network Forum
AFMG Network Forum Index -> EASE 4 -> Check Data Error - Mirror Images
Check Data Error - Mirror Images
PostPosted: Wed Nov 18, 2009 4:39 pm Reply with quote
Jessica

I am having trouble getting EASE to agree that a model I have created is closed. The problem is being caused by a few points that I added at the end of the modeling process. These points are located along the centerline that the model is mirrored across. There were no other problems with the points originally created on the centerline.

I've made certain that the points were added to all the appropriate planes. I think that the problem stems from the mirror imaging. Why would EASE be creating mirror imaging for these points (and not the others) that are located on the centerline? Becasue they are on the centerline the mirror image points just end up being in the same location which, I suspect, EASE sees as a duplicate point. When I first created these points there were not mirror images and after I ran the 'Check Holes' tool suddenly there are mirror images for these problem points and EASE thinks the model is open. If I can't delete just the mirror image, not the entire point, what else can I do to close the model? I'm very confused about how the mirror images got created in the first place!
AFMG Network Forum Index -> EASE 4