AFMG Network Forum
AFMG Network Forum Index -> EASE 4 -> EASE 5
EASE 5
PostPosted: Tue Nov 22, 2011 8:02 am Reply with quote
stevenliddle

When is it coming?

I am sitting here with quad core intel processor that can process 8 simultaneous threads, 8GB Ram, massive 7200rpm hard disk, 1gb GDDR 3 graphics card. Yet the 1gb RAM limit imposed by the EASE platform doesn't allow me to use these features fully.

I am modelling large sporting arenas with a dozen or more line arrays and basically can't perform any Aura analysis of the system when all arrays are active. Although the faster standard mapping method of predicting speech intelligibility is good I prefer to use Aura. Right now I can't activate more than 3 or 4 arrays and the appropriate audience areas (for Aura mapping). I am also restricted in the number of particles and the length of the response before running over the 1GB limit.

Even the Afmg server farm has the same limits imposed on it so there's no benefit there.
PostPosted: Tue Nov 22, 2011 8:47 am Reply with quote
stevenliddle

I suppose the Other option is to pick out lots of listener seats...
Too many loudspeakers to map
PostPosted: Wed Nov 23, 2011 6:11 pm Reply with quote
Bruce

I would use the EASE Cluster routine to create a single far field balloon for some of the arrays that only contribute to the reverberant field in an area. That means you need to choose only some areas for the mapping where that holds true. For instance map the east side seating with the west side loudspeakers converted to clusters.

Re: Too many loudspeakers to map
PostPosted: Tue Nov 29, 2011 9:54 pm Reply with quote
stevenliddle

Bruce wrote:
I would use the EASE Cluster routine to create a single far field balloon for some of the arrays that only contribute to the reverberant field in an area. That means you need to choose only some areas for the mapping where that holds true. For instance map the east side seating with the west side loudspeakers converted to clusters.

Hi Bruce

Unfortunately the speakers in questions are already clusters - line arrays - dll files from various manufacturers. That's where the large amount of data comes in.

I've picked out a number of listener seats and am performing Aura Mapping on those seats to look at the echograms.

I might try some of the advanced options like Diffuse Rain with increased number of particles to see if the calculation time is shortened without losing too much information.
PostPosted: Mon Dec 05, 2011 11:48 pm Reply with quote
Bruce

Steve, please send one of these models to me at Bruce.Olson (at) AFMG (dot) eu.

Re: EASE 5
PostPosted: Sat Feb 09, 2019 1:02 pm Reply with quote
oktorockto

stevenliddle wrote:
When is it coming?

I am sitting here with quad core intel processor that can process 8 simultaneous threads, 8GB Ram, massive 7200rpm hard disk, 1gb GDDR 3 graphics card. Yet the 1gb RAM limit imposed by the EASE platform doesn't allow me to use these features fully.

I am modelling large sporting arenas with a dozen or more line arrays and basically can't perform any Aura analysis of the system when all arrays are active. Although the faster standard mapping method of predicting speech intelligibility is good I prefer to use Aura. Right now I can't activate more than 3 or 4 arrays and the appropriate audience areas (for Aura mapping). I am also restricted in the number of particles and the length of the response before running over the 1GB limit.

Even the Afmg server farm has the same limits imposed on it so there's no benefit there.

7 years later and still waiting to harness the power of that PC which might be in landfill by now and you'll have to pay for a new license anyway.
PostPosted: Tue Oct 08, 2019 11:40 am Reply with quote
AFMG Pedro Lima
Forum Moderator

AFMG gladly announces the upgrade of the AURA Module to version 4.
In this new version the 1GB RAM limit no longer applies.

http://ease.afmg.eu/index.php/AURA_Module.html

Don't miss this time limited offer:

http://www.afmg.eu/index.php/read-news/items/get-the-new-aura-module-boost-your-ease-calculation-performance.html
PostPosted: Wed Oct 09, 2019 12:04 pm Reply with quote
oktorockto

Yay - about 9 years of waiting for this to be useful and you want EUR500
AFMG Network Forum Index -> EASE 4