AFMG Network Forum
AFMG Network Forum Index -> AFMG SysTune -> Systune development?
Systune development?
PostPosted: Tue Mar 28, 2017 1:54 pm Reply with quote
JohanBlome

Have the development on Systune stopped?
The latest update is a few years old now...
I think that the UI could need some refresing updates, especially performance wise. The UI feels sluggish even on OK hw (not to mention the rough look of it).

Is there anyone working on improving this?
Johan
PostPosted: Thu Apr 06, 2017 5:27 pm Reply with quote
Alfredo Prada

EASERASysTune v1.3.9.509 Beta2.zip EASERA SysTune 1.3.9 Beta 2 Program Setup 29.01.2016

from their beta portal website, I email an inquire about it a few months ago, but got no response.

PostPosted: Tue Apr 11, 2017 11:55 am Reply with quote
JohanBlome

Seems rather slow around here too.
AFMGs main competitor (SMAART) seems to be a lot more active both development wise and business wise.
There are things that could use a brush up and with attract new customers (and get old ones like me to maybe put up some more money) so AFMG could continue to develop!
PostPosted: Thu Apr 13, 2017 12:01 pm Reply with quote
AFMG Pedro Lima
Forum Moderator

Hello Johan,

Thank you for your comments. The development of SysTune has not stopped and we do not plan to do so. In fact, we plan to publish an update with small additions and some bug fixes over the course of the year.

As you may be aware, we are a relatively small company coming from a rather scientific background. Therefore we have to adapt to the broad success of our products and make changes as to how we work. For example, during the last three years we have implemented new, agile development concepts that will significantly shorten our release cycles in the mid-term. This was a necessary transition to ensure the future growth of our company but it also was a big effort for us.

We are aware that e.g. the UI of some of our products needs some rework compared to newer software. In that regard EASE Focus, EASE Evac, SoundFlow and Reflex are examples that already show a glimpse of the future for the other AFMG software packages. Nonetheless we are convinced that the modeling and measuring accuracy of any of our products is unsurpassed.

Hopefully this gives you a bit of a background on the subject. We value all of our users and partners highly. Please do not hesitate to get directly in contact with us to share your ideas and recommendations with us. You can email us under support@afmg.eu or sales@afmg.eu.

Kind regards,
Pedro
PostPosted: Mon Mar 12, 2018 3:24 pm Reply with quote
Oriol de Pagès

Hi,

Any news?

Regards
PostPosted: Wed Apr 25, 2018 9:08 am Reply with quote
AFMG Pedro Lima
Forum Moderator

Dear Oriol,

Thank you for your interest in SysTune! At the moment AFMG is moving forward full-steam with the next major version of EASE, and will get back to SysTune as soon as we can.

To be sure you won’t miss any News from AFMG, we recommend signing up for our Quarterly Newsletter.

Of course, please do not hesitate to get in touch to share your ideas about SysTune with us at any time, through support@afmg.eu or sales@afmg.eu.

Kind Regards,
Pedro Lima
PostPosted: Wed Apr 25, 2018 10:07 pm Reply with quote
Langston Holland

I too am looking forward to SysTune improvements and I appreciate AFMG’s honesty in making their resources and priorities known.

Nevertheless, Pedro used the term "full steam" that very few people know the origin of, but is well known to myself and other history buffs in my area. Obviously it deals with running a steam engine as fast as it can go, but the story behind the common expression is much more interesting. I live about 45 minutes away from Mobile Bay, Alabama (USA) where the event occurred that birthed this term, or more correctly, "idiom".

During the American Civil War on August 5, 1864, Admiral David Farragut won a decisive victory in the Battle of Mobile Bay which was at the time the Confederacy's last major port on the Gulf of Mexico. The bay was heavily mined (tethered naval mines were then known as torpedoes). Ignoring the enormous risk, Farragut ordered his fleet to charge the bay. When one of those ships struck a mine and sank, the other ships under Farragut’s command began to pull back.

Farragut saw this and yelled: "What's the trouble?!" through a trumpet (a passive horn-type device pressed against the lips) to USS Brooklyn. "Torpedoes", was the shouted reply. "Damn the torpedoes!", said Farragut, "Four bells, Captain Drayton, go ahead. Jouett, full speed." Most of the fleet successfully entered the bay. Farragut triumphed in spite of the torpedoes and heavy batteries (large numbers of cannons) to defeat Admiral Franklin Buchanan.

In repayment for this great history lesson, I expect to be able to save SysTune Pro’s trace colors, weights, etc., so I don’t have to reset them every time I open the program. :)

Admiral Farragut is the guy leaning on the cannon:

PostPosted: Sun May 06, 2018 11:24 am Reply with quote
Minka

Hi!

I'm new to this forum, but not to SysTune...

When you're developing SysTune in future, are you looking for possibility to develop it working as OSx native also? Today I'm using it on Boot Camp and it is not the preferred way to use it for me.

Br,

PostPosted: Sun Oct 14, 2018 3:50 pm Reply with quote
JohanBlome

Hello again!
I guess the steam is leaking. Speed is not up to modern standards, more like 1980s update schedules...
Last update: 18.12.2014
OK. I will check again next year.
Luckily the computers have actually become a little faster the last few years.
Especially in the graphics area - not that Systune cares about that...
Johan Blome
PostPosted: Fri Jan 24, 2020 12:13 am Reply with quote
JohanBlome

Just doing my periodic check, a little late though, sorry.
It is now 2020 and the last update was 2014...
No news on the Systune horizon?
See you next year AFMG!
Johan
PostPosted: Tue Nov 24, 2020 7:33 pm Reply with quote
Ludo7

Hello everyone,

I'm very interested in systune, especially the filtering of the impulse response!

However I wonder if a new version will be released.
Also, is the phase reading going to be improved ?

Sincerely
PostPosted: Mon Dec 07, 2020 1:51 pm Reply with quote
daniel

Hi Ludo7,
have a look at REW 5.20

And yes, soon it is new year again... I am looking forward to the next check from JohanBlome, Wink
AFMG Network Forum Index -> AFMG SysTune