AFMG Network Forum
AFMG Network Forum Index -> AFMG SysTune -> SysTune Pro Advanced EQ filter limit??
SysTune Pro Advanced EQ filter limit??
PostPosted: Sun Aug 09, 2015 12:48 am Reply with quote
Niick

I have found that I can only create a maximum of 20 filters in SysTune Pro Advanced EQ, I thought that there was no limit to the number of virtual filters you could create?

The actual DSP processor that I am needing to make a virtual model of has 30 parametric filters per channel.

I don't usually need that many, but, I did come to a limit today.

Am I overlooking something?
PostPosted: Mon Aug 10, 2015 1:24 pm Reply with quote
Waldemar

Yes, you are right. The number of Advanced EQs is limited to 20. This is due to maintaining the "live" performance. This limit should be high enough? In rare cases you can combine some filters to one?

PostPosted: Mon Aug 10, 2015 2:29 pm Reply with quote
Niick

Waldemar wrote:
Yes, you are right. The number of Advanced EQs is limited to 20. This is due to maintaining the "live" performance. This limit should be high enough? In rare cases you can combine some filters to one?

So yeah, I figured it out, you're right, by combining 20 filters to one, then saving the TF of that filter set, I can then load the saved TF as a single filter, and do 19 more, which, in actuality, I can only do 11 more, because 31 is the total number of parametric DSP filter per channel with the hardware that I'm simulating.

I know it sounds crazy, but remember, I'm using this for ultra high end car audio system tuning, and the EXTREMELY early arriving reflections can play havoc with the freq response of a loudspeaker. To EQ out the differences between the left and right speaker, in a car, and do it to within +/- 1 dB or so, can require ALOT of EQ, especially in the 20-200 Hz range.

Edit: maybe I should have been more clear, I'm not entirely convinced that it's near boundary reflections that are the reasoning behind the HUGE differences in left and right freq. responses in the 20-200Hz range, as it seems to me that the reflection issues are more concentrated in the upper registers of the spectrum. Whatever the reason, modes maybe??, the differences are huge, AS MEASURED FROM THE DRIVERS SEAT THAT IS, and in order to get really good coupling between the midbass and subwoofer, the left and right midbass need to be "operating as one" if you will, as we go higher in freq., left and right differences need to be eliminated as much as possible, along with proper timing, to allow for the manifestation of a proper soundstage and image "tightness" "depth" and "realism".

I know that SysTune is mainly intended for pro-sound, live, work.

But HOLY S**T is it ever awesome for car audio system optimization and troubleshooting!!!!

Thank you so much for creating such an amazing tool. If it weren't for SysTune, I couldn't imagine a future in this industry the way I do now.
AFMG Network Forum Index -> AFMG SysTune