AFMG Network Forum
AFMG Network Forum Index -> EASE 4 -> Exporting Data from Probe
Exporting Data from Probe
PostPosted: Mon Mar 11, 2013 2:37 pm Reply with quote
stevenliddle

Hi

Is there a way to easily extract a table of reverberation times from Probe?

I've generated a matrix of source and receiver positions that coorespnd to the engineering method in ISO3382:2 and then ran Aura simulations where the results are reasonable compared to previous experience.

I can go through the probe process of displaying the reverb graph but would like to be able to quickly extract the values for T20, T30 etc and paste them into a spreadsheet for the purposes of calculating an average.

I can't find an easy way to do this. Is it staring me in the face?

So far I've been converting the .bir files into mono wav fiels that I can then open in analysis software (Room Capture in this case) but it's a lot of work.
PostPosted: Mon Mar 11, 2013 6:03 pm Reply with quote
AFMG Pedro Lima
Forum Moderator

Hello,

I think the best way to export those values is performing an AURA Mapping for the Seats you would like to, instead. In the results window you will then be able to select the Table view and also click "Send Values To > MS Excel" or "Send Values To > Clipboard" and then paste it in Excel.

That should be considerably faster than sending to an external software for analysis.

HTH,
Pedro
PostPosted: Tue Mar 12, 2013 8:24 am Reply with quote
stevenliddle

Thanks Pedro!

I forgot that you can 'map' to listener seats.

There is no option to create a table of octave band values but I can deal with that in the spreadsheet.

There is a great page by Eric Desart which describes dealing with averaging of RT times in general. Simply taking arithmetic averages is not always correct.
http://forum.studiotips.com/viewtopic.php?f=6&t=3601

One issue I came across in the analysis software is that the regression lines that were derived from Schroeder integrations were generally far too short. This may in part be due to the fact that I made a 'mono' sum from the binaural responses resulting in too many strong reflections in each IR. The Schroeder integrations therefore have multiple decay patterns which makes it difficult to derive a least squares fit regression line that actually follows the general decay.
It is also a function of the uneven distribution of absorption in the model. The only place that has any absorption is the ceiling of the garage therefore there are lots of late, lateral reflections from boundaries and columns in the space.

The Aura mapping function is giving me more reasonable results and is clearly following a pattern where the T30 is roughly half as long in a model with absorbent ceiling as compared to the model with a concrete ceiling.

Thanks for the tip!
AFMG Network Forum Index -> EASE 4