AFMG Network Forum
AFMG Network Forum Index -> AFMG EASERA -> Waterfall plot axis question
Waterfall plot axis question
PostPosted: Wed Oct 03, 2012 3:06 pm Reply with quote
hadisumoro

Hi all,

I'm trying to analyze a room IR with EASERA waterfall plot. The freq axis only has few ticks (very hard to predict what frequencies are between the ticks), is there a way to change this? I need to pin point certain frequencies from the waterfall plot.

Can we have a cursor in waterfall plot?

Is there a way to export time/freq slices spectrum to txt file?

Hadi
PostPosted: Wed Oct 03, 2012 9:08 pm Reply with quote
AFMG Pedro Lima
Forum Moderator

Hello Hadi,

To improve the view you can define the Start and Stop Frequencies on the left side window. If you reduce the bandwidth, e.g. from 20Hz to 250Hz, you will be able to see more details and identify the frequencies more clearly.

At this moment cursors and exporting are not available. But I have just added a request for that implementation to our database.

Note that it's also possible to verify the data via the Spectrogram graph. It can be accessed via the Graphs tab on the left side of the Waterfall window.
PostPosted: Thu Oct 04, 2012 2:50 pm Reply with quote
yphs_mst

Hi Pedro,

Thank you for the suggestion. I will try to zoom in the axis. I did not think of that way before.

I did try the spectro-graph, and have the same problem (axis is too coarse and you can't pin point with cursor). But I will try axis zoom in with spectro-graph too.

Please add this to the new feature request list. Adding a cursor or exporting function to certain slices (even it is for pro version only) will be a plus.

Hadi

PostPosted: Fri Oct 05, 2012 1:01 pm Reply with quote
yphs_mst

Hi Pedro,

Reporting back of the suggested way you mentioned (zooming in the axis). It helps, only a little bit. Turns out the major ticks of the axis will go to random frequency, let's say 64Hz and 78Hz, with a minor tick in the middle. It is actually harder to pin point what is in between, but it does give an estimation.

Thank you again.

Hadi