AFMG Network Forum
AFMG Network Forum Index -> EASE 4 -> Reflex and EASE
Reflex and EASE
PostPosted: Tue Sep 25, 2012 11:44 pm Reply with quote
Alexis

If I simulate in reflex, 4 QRD Diffusers together and I export the scattering coefficient to the material base of EASE, can I put the area occupied by the 4 diffusers in a face in the EASE project and use the coefficients that I get with the Reflex software?
PostPosted: Wed Sep 26, 2012 9:19 pm Reply with quote
AFMG Pedro Lima
Forum Moderator

Hi Alexis,

Yes, that's the idea. Be sure to also include the absorption coefficients for panel, though.

Also, you will probably want to export the Scattering coefficients using "Diffuse Field" Direction of Incidence. For QRD diffusers that might take some time due to the small elements used between the wells.

However, I'm not sure it would make sense calculate/export the data for 4 QRDs (4 periods) coupled, since the sequence is continuously repeated. I feel that the deviation would not be significant when compared to only 1 period (1 QRD), and the calculation would be much faster. You might want to give it a test. I know however that the deviation could be large if you didn't repeat the sequence (if you didn't couple similar panels). That is, if you increased the panel overall width and considered a different single period sequence with a higher N (number of wells), of course.

Regards,
Pedro
PostPosted: Wed Sep 26, 2012 10:47 pm Reply with quote
Alexis

After talk with Pedro I just read this on the great book of D'antonio & Cox :

" It is important to test a sample which is representative of the entire structure to be applied in real applications. For instance, one period of a Schroeder diffuser should not be tested alone if the intention is to apply the surface periodically; this is because the scattering from the periodic and single diffuser will be very different. Where the whole sample cannot be tested, because of geometric constraints on source and receiver distances, the following techniques are suggested in AES-4id-2001:2 for a periodic sample at least four complete repeat sequences should be included so the effects of lobing from repetition is measured"

I'm assuming that I have the correct procedure right now (because I simulate the 4 QRD together) but I'm goin to keep doing research on this particulary spot.

Thank for your quick Answer on this question Pedro.
AFMG Network Forum Index -> EASE 4