AFMG Network Forum
AFMG Network Forum Index -> EASE 4 -> Modelling distributed speakers and AURA
Modelling distributed speakers and AURA
PostPosted: Thu Oct 15, 2009 1:22 am Reply with quote
Lindsay Smith

I am modelling a facility with a number of distributed speakers. Should I use Diffuse Rain when I am making a ray trace? Its one large, long space with overhead speakers.

Also when I try to run AURA on about thirty speakers I get an error message that I don't have enough RAM. On area calculations AURA tells me that the calculation will take more than 1000 M of RAM and not let me continue. If I use selected seats, it tells me that the calculation will take more than 100 M of RAM and not let me continue either. This machine has 4 gigs of RAM in it...
I know there are limitations in XP to how much memory any one application can use but those limits are higher than this.

Any help would be appreciated. I am especially interested in tips for modelling distributed speakers.

Thanks.

Lindsay Smith
PostPosted: Thu Oct 15, 2009 4:05 am Reply with quote
Bruce

Diffuse Rain should not be used for large simple rooms like you have here.

Regarding the memory limitations, they are both limitations of the development platform used for EASE 4.x. The programming environment can only access about 2GB, including the OS itself, so you need to increase the spacing for area mapping calculations to keep within that memory limit. For AURA Response there is a different 100MB limit that also comes from the programming environment. Search on "memory" here for some more tips.

HTH,
Bruce

AFMG Network Forum Index -> EASE 4