AFMG Network Forum
AFMG Network Forum Index -> EASE 4 -> Aiming an object
Aiming an object
PostPosted: Thu Jun 14, 2007 12:02 pm Reply with quote
stebadham

I have created an object to align a large number of under-balcony loudspeakers (so I can adjust level in one place rather than editing each loudspeaker individually).

I then duplicated the object so that I could put another tier of delays in with minmal effort. However, the angle needed for the second tier is slightly steeper than the original.

The Edit Object dialogue box gives me some options for setting the aiming axis of the object - notably either an axis of a picked item (such as one of the loudspeakers in the object) or an overall "user defined."

Unfortunately, I'm finding that whatever numbers I put into this field don't seem to have any effect so I'm having to edit each loudspeaker individually. This is a large model with over a thousand faces so understandably, each edit takes several seconds to process.

Does anyone know how I can adjust the angle of all the speakers in the object in one hit rather than editing each one individually?
PostPosted: Thu Jun 14, 2007 10:33 pm Reply with quote
Bruce

Hi Steve,

The object origin and aiming axis are just where the placeholder for the object is located. For groups of loudspeakers it is often convenient to set both of these as an average of all of them, or as one of the loudspeakers that is included.

To tilt all of them, select the Object, then press the right mouse button. In the drop-down menu that appears, select Move. (You can also use the Move Object item in the Tools menu. Then make sure the correct Object is selected.)

This will open a window where you can tilt the entire object as a group. If your loudspeakers are in an arc, this will not work the way you need it, and you will need to do it for each loudspeaker individually. In this case I usually use Apply in the Properties dialog and then use the "<" and ">" buttons in the upper left of the dialog to select the next loudspeaker.

PostPosted: Mon Aug 13, 2007 5:44 pm Reply with quote
Jim Mobley

Hi Steve,

The other way to aim a group of loudspeakers is to use the Loudspeaker table. In Edit Project select Edit > Tables > Loudspeakers. Then in the table window shift-click or ctrl-click to select the loudspeakers you want to aim, then select Tools > Set Value To, choose the aiming axis you wish to adjust and then enter the value.

Jim Mobley
Sr. Application Engineer
Renkus-Heinz, Inc.
19201 Cook St.
Foothill Ranch, CA 92610 USA
TEL: +1-949-588-9997
FAX: +1-949-588-9514
www.renkus-heinz.com
mailto:jim@renkus-heinz.com
AFMG Network Forum Index -> EASE 4