AFMG Network Forum
AFMG Network Forum Index -> AFMG SysTune -> Installation Problem / Strange Status Report
Installation Problem / Strange Status Report
PostPosted: Tue Mar 31, 2015 10:42 pm Reply with quote
Lars

Hi there,

I am currently trying to install my 2nd licence of systune on my second macbookpro via a Parallels 10 / Windows 7 32 Bit installation. My first licence runs on a MacBookpro via Parallels 8 / Windows 7 Prof 64 Bit without any Issues.

With the second macbook I´m just not getting there,
I am trying to use the Roland DuoCapture Ex USB Interface. Parallels/Windows incl the corresponding dotnet framework have been freshly installed, the USB interface driver is freshly installed, Parallels and Windows are set up correctly. Systune is installed, I downloaded the Licence and the user file.

Things that are obviously not right:

In Systune --> Configure --> Select Device I can choose the interfaces ASIO driver, but as soon as I do so the boxes under the Signalchanel that normaly indicate the levels turn completely red and stay that way, no matter what I do with the preamps of the interface. If I choose a different Interface driver (DSound or Wave) the level reduces a bit but still stays constant and cannot be manipulated by the preamps. Also these levels stay wether there is a mic plugged to an input of the interface or not...

I created a Status report that just doesn´t look right. For example it says:
-Program path contents not found
-System Directory: C:\Windows\System32 --> in that folder there´s nothing corresponding to Systune...

I know that in a Windows 7 64 Bit system the program files are in the folder Programs (X86) but Windows 7 32 Bit doesn´t have that folder...

Does anyone have an idea what might be wrong?

Thanks in advance!

Best regards,

Lars

[/img]
PostPosted: Wed Apr 01, 2015 6:42 pm Reply with quote
Lars

This is the status report (I started Systune with administrator rights):

Registry keys HKCU
AppData Path :
UserData Path :
Licence Files Path :

Registry keys HKLM
Program Path :
AppData Path :
UserData Path :
Licence Files Path : C:\ProgramData\AFMG\EASERA SysTune\Program Settings
Licencing DLL : C:\Program Files\AFMG\EASERA SysTune\System\S4.SysTune.HybridLicensing.dll

SYSTEM
OSVersion: Microsoft Windows NT 6.1.7601 Service Pack 1
Processor Count: 2
System Directory: C:\Windows\system32
Culture: de-DE
Is Admin: Yes
Processor 1: Intel(R) Core(TM) i5 CPU M 520 @ 2.40GHz
(32bit)
UAC on: Yes
Virtualization on: Yes

PROGRAM PATH CONTENTS
not found!
PostPosted: Wed Apr 01, 2015 7:18 pm Reply with quote
Jim Mobley

Hi Lars,

That you got it to (apparently) work in a VM on one machine is the anomaly; not working in a VM is the norm. When I was doing day-to-day support of Systune, we had many customers attempt to make VMs work, all failed. The reliable way to run Systune (or EASERA) on a Mac is to boot the machine into Windows using Bootcamp. See more on the Systune FAQ:

http://systune.afmg.eu/index.php/systune-faq-en/items/how-can-i-use-afmg-systune-on-a-mac.html

Jim Mobley
Sr. Application Engineer
Renkus-Heinz, Inc.
19201 Cook St.
Foothill Ranch, CA 92610 USA
TEL: +1-949-588-9997
FAX: +1-949-588-9514
www.renkus-heinz.com
mailto:jim@renkus-heinz.com
PostPosted: Wed Apr 01, 2015 11:56 pm Reply with quote
Lars

Ok... None of the folks at the afmg support ever mentioned this kind of concern before. I'd rather guess into the direction where a 32 Bit System might be a cause for trouble since the software relies on multi-thread programming but anyways, I'm open for any suggestions so thanks for the info Jim! Tomorrow, ehm I mean today (this morning) I'll have a teamviewer session with on of the german support guys and then we'll see what we can do.

I'll post whatever solution we will come up with to share the conclusions made...

Best regards,

Lars
AFMG Network Forum Index -> AFMG SysTune