AFMG Network Forum
AFMG Network Forum Index -> AFMG SysTune -> More questions and sugestions
More questions and sugestions
PostPosted: Mon Aug 11, 2008 6:39 am Reply with quote
gluis

I would like to be able not to apply the same windowing to all the overlays as it is hindering my learning curve. Whenever I'm not sure I understand the effect of some parameter, I try to store a curve, and then do the parameter change on the live curve to see the difference between both and understand better what is happening. I have that problem with the windowing as you implement it, but the windowing applies to al curves al the time, so I can't really quantify the change. I'm still testing the waters on Systune before commiting, but I want to make sure I completely understand it in order to maximise its uselfuleness. I currently own Smaart 5 and 6, but your program have a lot of appealing features to me. I can't use it on gig until I get all the theory and it's effects on my measurements correctly.

Also, it would be great if you could link changes in the X scales of both windows whenever they are using the same units as it would make them easier to relate.

I would like to have the 0 dB line on the grid of the magnitude window highlighted, and to have a way to auto center each overlay individually to it.

It is also important to have a way to store IR data individually in a way that you could compare one to other. If you take an impulse, press peak to delay and store it afer it is in 0ms, and then take another measurement (different subsystem or mic position) and hit peak to delay again, you should be able to see the relative difference between both of them. If it just overlays them on 0ms, you lose the ability to compare the time arrival differences.

I will keep on testing and learning to try to get the best out of it. Sorry for the long post and for any grammar mistake as english is not my first language

Best regards,

Guillermo Sanchez
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website MSN Messenger
PostPosted: Wed Aug 13, 2008 11:47 am Reply with quote
Waldemar

Guillermo,
if you want to compare many different IRs, also with different windowing, please save them first as etm files (File, Save to Audio File).
After that you can load one, capture it for overlay and load then the next.
So you will see many curves in one display for comparisons.

The X-Axis synchronisation will be implemented in a future version.
All your wishes and suggestions are appreciated.
We are working continually to improve the program.

PostPosted: Wed Aug 13, 2008 4:57 pm Reply with quote
gluis

Ok thanks for the suggestion, it will improve my learning curve of it. I believe though, that at least with the impulse response, you should be able to store them and compare them relatively to one another without so many steps as aligning subsystem one to another by the impulse response differences is one of the top uses of a Dual Channel FFT system, right along the TF measurements. Maybe a checkmark on the overlays to conserve the relative differences or not? I know that from the programing side it will not be as easy as it is asking for it, but it would make a big difference in the field.

Best regards,

Guillermo Sanchez
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website MSN Messenger
AFMG Network Forum Index -> AFMG SysTune