AFMG Network Forum
AFMG Network Forum Index -> EASE 4 -> Color Me Stupid - Changing Multiple Face Colors
Color Me Stupid - Changing Multiple Face Colors
PostPosted: Thu Apr 10, 2008 2:15 am Reply with quote
John Collyer

Ok so I know that you can use the color of the faces in the face table to act as a grouping tool for applying materials by selecting "Color and Materials Coupled".

What has completely eluded me is the following:

How can you select multiple faces in the project edit window and change the color of several faces all at the same time by visually picking the objects and then changing the color all at once?

I thought I had stumbled on using the "Activate Items" mouse tool as some method for changing colors and material for multiple faces at once. Turns out this is just used for selectively enable faces for ray tracing calculations. I have never tried to exclude faces from my ray tracing calculations.

Is activating faces used for anything else?

Best I can make of it at this time is that I have to manually pick each face and set it's color in the edit window, then I can use the faces table to couple materials and color.

Is there any other suggestions, or something my stupidity has missed for making group changes to faces?

PostPosted: Thu Apr 10, 2008 2:57 am Reply with quote
John Collyer

Ok... So I did some reading on the side links in the AFMG "Network" and found this solution:

http://www.auralisation.de/faq/faq.php?cat=room&readit=room4#room4

Basically you active all the faces make a group of them then make your color and material changes on the group. After you are done, delete the group and answer no to "Delete Objects".

Is there any better way?

PostPosted: Thu Apr 10, 2008 3:57 pm Reply with quote
Jim Mobley

Hi John,

Creating an Object is one way of changing the color of multiple faces, as is using the "Color and Material Coupled" menu item in the face table.

In the tables you can also select any range of faces using either shift-clicking or ctrl-clicking and then using the Tools > Set Value To: menu command. There are also commands to add a value to, useful for setting delays and also an Align to Loudspeaker function that is also useful in setting delays.

Jim Mobley
Sr. Application Engineer
Renkus-Heinz, Inc.
19201 Cook St.
Foothill Ranch, CA 92610 USA
TEL: +1-949-588-9997
FAX: +1-949-588-9514
www.renkus-heinz.com
mailto:jim@renkus-heinz.com
AFMG Network Forum Index -> EASE 4