AFMG Network Forum
AFMG Network Forum Index -> EASE 4 -> dxf import of loudspeakers
dxf import of loudspeakers
PostPosted: Wed Feb 14, 2007 6:56 am Reply with quote
jevans

When importing a model with loudspeakers I have to reasign all the loudspeakers to there specific data. Where as when I import faces with materials as long as the material is in the EASE material list I dont have to reassign them. Is there away to do the same thing with the loudspeakers? What am I missing?

PostPosted: Thu Feb 15, 2007 1:03 pm Reply with quote
Waldemar

Dear jevans,

if you want to import loudspeakers from DXF into EASE, then you have to put a block in ACAD into a special layer "EASE-Speakers".
The block itself is not read, but the position and orientation of the block is read and input as speaker model. The block name is taken as name of the speaker model. If your EASE project does not have a speaker model with the (exact equal block-) name, then you have to change the read (wrong) speaker model name manually.

See EASE41Help.pdf page 600 / 601.

dxf import of loudspeakers
PostPosted: Mon Feb 19, 2007 11:26 am Reply with quote
jevans

Waldemar,

Thanks for the reply. I found the problem. When exporting a model from EASE with loudspeakers in it a comma, or backslash in EASE is converted to an underscore. Im not sure if AutoCAD or EASE is changing the block name but its not the same and thats what the problem is. All the other loudspeakers work just fine.

obviously the easy solution is to not include a [, or a /] in a loudspeaker or material name?

[/img]

PostPosted: Mon Feb 19, 2007 3:36 pm Reply with quote
Bruce

EASE is changing it to an underscore because AutoCAD does not allow the comma or backslash in Block or Layer names. Coming back in, it's a bit of a guessing job as to whether the underscore should be a comma or backslash, so we don't even try. But knowing that, you should be able to use the Change All or the Tables to rapidly switch them back.

AFMG Network Forum Index -> EASE 4