AFMG Network Forum
AFMG Network Forum Index -> EASE 4 -> line array and folders
line array and folders
PostPosted: Thu May 25, 2006 12:41 pm Reply with quote
UninviteD

hi everyone..i m a fresh user.lucky to find a forum!! i have 3 questions first of all
1) can anybody tell me what makes diffrence while choosing the default data folders while creating a project..because there are many of them..also the diffrence between "advanced" and "beginner"
2) when i choose line array speakers i can't choose them individualy and change their angles.Sad
3)what is it for to activate a face,loudspeaker, etc..

also is there any tutorials i can find about EASE ?

thx
Welcome here are some answers
PostPosted: Tue Jun 06, 2006 3:52 pm Reply with quote
mackedanzchr

A good tutorial can be found on Renkus-Heinz website at .
http://www.renkus-heinz.com/support/software-support/ease_support/tutorials/tutorials.html

If I remember correctly it is very similiar to one of the manuals that comes with EASE, but this is a pdf version split into sections.

Also this is assuming that you installed EASE to your c: drive but it can also be found here C:\Program Files\EASE 4.1\Easepath\Ease40Manual That should be the same as the online version, only all together.

The line arrarys thing, well they are interesting. I haven't gotten a chance to use them too much but if you really wanted to aim each one individually you can try to explode the cluster. Otherwise by using the dll that came with line arrary you should be able to aim them. Contact Bruce or Stefan on this one.

Activating Items allows you to use them in special ways, the one I use most often is to make them into an object. They are also used to mappings. To make an object I usually activate what I want in it and then make it so it knows what I want in the object right away. When doing mappings ease will ask you what you want to map and activate the correct items.

The difference between the beginner and the advanced buttons is how ease sets up the folder structure for you. As you use ease on a project it will create folders when you do mappings and various other things. The advanced button seperates things out into more specific folders while the beginner tries to keep the folders down to smaller number.

Those are just some quick answers, I would suggest reading through the manual and doing the rooms with it, it really doesn't take to long. I think I read through it in a couple of nights at home after school.
PostPosted: Mon Jun 19, 2006 2:42 pm Reply with quote
UninviteD

thank you mackedanzchr for your reply..the tutorials are very educational...i will also ask about the calculation time..while using room mapping it seems to last for hours..so how will i see the mistake and then correct it several times while simulating( i.e:direct SPL ), if i wait that long everytime? is there something to shorten it? thx
PostPosted: Mon Jun 19, 2006 4:05 pm Reply with quote
Jim Mobley

Direct SPL should take only seconds to at most a minute to calculate. How are you setting up the calculation? What is your Patch Size? What loudspeakers are you using?

Please contact me directly, we can solve this much better outside of the forum.

Jim Mobley
Sr. Application Engineer
Renkus-Heinz, Inc.
19201 Cook St.
Foothill Ranch, CA 92610 USA
TEL: +1-949-588-9997
FAX: +1-949-588-9514
www.renkus-heinz.com
mailto:jim@renkus-heinz.com
Calc Times...
PostPosted: Tue Jun 20, 2006 6:22 am Reply with quote
mackedanzchr

I have found that when I go to do mapping the 3d mapping is a lot faster than 2d mapping. I will be honest I don't recall the settings for the mappings so I could have something set completely different. Also, mapping all of the maps at once while it takes a little longer it allows you to change the mapping you view, without recalculating it everytime which helps.

You can map to audience areas in a 3d map, along with all of the ways or with none of the walls.
AFMG Network Forum Index -> EASE 4