AFMG Network
Forums for AFMG Software
AFMG Network Forum Index -> EASE Forum Archive -> Creating Circular Array From Face
Creating Circular Array From Face
PostPosted: Thu Feb 17, 2005 8:36 pm Reply with quote
Bob Astrom

I am modeling a fan style concert hall and I need to add curved reflector panels below the ceiling. The panels follow the fan shape of the room and rotate angle as they curve around the stage. I have the first one in the center of the room drawn now I need to put the rest in. I was wondering if anyone knew an easy way to creat a polar array with respect to the Z axis using the one that I have drawn like you can in AutoCAD. Please let me know if anyone out there has any ideas or else this is going to be a really long week.

Thanks,
Re: Creating Circular Array From Face
PostPosted: Fri Feb 18, 2005 1:34 pm Reply with quote
Stefan

Hi Bob,

there are several ways to do this manually. But there is no easy way to place a circular array of face like a fan. But, maybe one of the power users has a good idea.

I would suggest you take your AutoCAD drawing and import it. The DXF import routine is quite powerful, so if you draw it in AutoCAD this time and load in the shape, it may save some time.

Stefan

PostPosted: Fri Feb 18, 2005 3:18 pm Reply with quote
josh evans

>>The DXF import routine is quite powerful,

The DXF import routine is the most powerful import routine of all the acoustical prediction programs!!!

I would highly recomend importing your model

PostPosted: Mon Feb 21, 2005 8:20 am Reply with quote
Peter Patrick

>>>The DXF import routine is quite powerful,

>The DXF import routine is the most powerful import routine of all the acoustical prediction programs!!!

>I would highly recomend importing your model

My take is that importing a *.dxf file can also import a lot of information the EASE does not need.

If you can draw the feature easily in Autocad I suggest you draw just the features without any other parts of the building. Import the bare bones *.dxf file into a new project in EASE and confirm it looks as it should and assign the materials to the surfaces then ... activate all the faces and create an object consisting of the entire feature set. That might be the central reflector and two side reflectors as a single object.

You can then save the object and import the whole object into the EASE model you have already created. Then you can move the object to make sure it's correctly located.

PostPosted: Mon Feb 21, 2005 5:09 pm Reply with quote
Bob Astrom

Thank you I'll look into it and give it a try.
THAT WORKS GREAT!!! One Problem
PostPosted: Mon Feb 21, 2005 8:19 pm Reply with quote
Bob Astrom

From now on I am going to build everything in AutoCAD and import it to EASE. I created the panels in AutoCAD. Making the first panel was dificult but after that it went really easy. Now I have it saved as a .dxf and I can open it in EASE but only as a seperate file. I can't seem to get it to open inside of the room I have already made. Anyone know how to merge two EASE files together? Is there a way to copy them in one and paste them in the other?
Re: THAT WORKS GREAT!!! One Problem
PostPosted: Mon Feb 21, 2005 10:07 pm Reply with quote
josh evans

I can't seem to get it to open inside of the room I have already made. Anyone know how to merge two EASE files together? Is there a way to copy them in one and paste them in the other?

Insert >> load object >> then just load your other saved model that you imported.

THANK YOU!!!
PostPosted: Mon Feb 21, 2005 11:03 pm Reply with quote
Bob Astrom

Thanks everyone!

It works.
Creating Circular Array From Face
AFMG Network Forum Index -> EASE Forum Archive