AFMG Network
Forums for AFMG Software
AFMG Network Forum Index -> EASE Forum Archive -> Combining Projects and Editing
Combining Projects and Editing
PostPosted: Thu Jan 20, 2005 9:59 pm Reply with quote
Jason

When using the combine function to bring in a building element, is there a way to edit or erase what you bring into a project. As I have tried you can copy and then edit what you have copied, but you cannot erase or edit that which you bring in.
Re: Combining Projects and Editing
PostPosted: Fri Jan 21, 2005 2:48 am Reply with quote
Jim Mobley

>When using the combine function to bring in a building element, is there a way to edit or erase what you bring into a project. As I have tried you can copy and then edit what you have copied, but you cannot erase or edit that which you bring in.

Hi Jason,

I'm not entirely sure what you're asking. In Edit Project, File > Combine Project and Insert > Object are functionally identical. The project or object that you have imported will be an object that you can edit in the object properties in the same way that you could if you had created the object from scratch.

Please contact me directly with more information and I'll do my best to help you do what you need to.

Jim Mobley

Sr. Application Engineer

Renkus-Heinz, Inc.

19201 Cook St.

Foothill Ranch, CA 92610

TEL: 949-588-9997

FAX: 949-588-9514

www.renkus-heinz.com

mailto:jim@renkus-heinz.com

Re: Combining Projects and Editing
PostPosted: Mon Jan 24, 2005 1:17 pm Reply with quote
Peter J. Patrick

>When using the combine function to bring in a building element, is there a way to edit or erase what you bring into a project. As I have tried you can copy and then edit what you have copied, but you cannot erase or edit that which you bring in.

If you want to edit things that are part of an object in the edit project data screen you can delete the object without deleting the attached items.

Thos things will then be treated exactly the same way as any other item in the model.

(I am presuming here that you get a message that says tyou can't delete something because it's part of an object.)

Combining Projects and Editing
AFMG Network Forum Index -> EASE Forum Archive