AFMG Network
Forums for AFMG Software
AFMG Network Forum Index -> EASE Forum Archive -> activate and deactivate items
activate and deactivate items
PostPosted: Wed Jan 19, 2005 1:53 pm Reply with quote
Peter van der Geer

I am looking for the function deactivate all items in a drawing or from the selected object. I can't find it. Is there button. Now you have to select each individual item inside an object or model and (de) activate it with F8.

Re: activate and deactivate items
PostPosted: Wed Jan 19, 2005 6:49 pm Reply with quote
josh evans

>I am looking for the function deactivate all items in a drawing or from the >selected object. I can't find it. Is there button. Now you have to select each >individual item inside an object or model and (de) activate it with F8.

If nothing is selected use the (RMB) right mouse buttom any where on the screen and select *deactivate all items* located after *room data*

PostPosted: Fri Jan 21, 2005 2:32 am Reply with quote
Jim Mobley

>I am looking for the function deactivate all items in a drawing or from the selected object. I can't find it. Is there button. Now you have to select each individual item inside an object or model and (de) activate it with F8.

Hi Peter,

Josh is correct that you can do this with the right mouse button. Also, if nothing is selected, F8 will deactivate all items.

You can also from the Mouse menu select Activate Items and then you can LMB drag a window to activate items and RMB drag a window to deactivate items.

Best regards,

Jim Mobley

Sr. Application Engineer

Renkus-Heinz, Inc.

19201 Cook St.

Foothill Ranch, CA 92610

TEL: 949-588-9997

FAX: 949-588-9514

www.renkus-heinz.com

mailto:jim@renkus-heinz.com

PostPosted: Mon Jan 24, 2005 1:22 pm Reply with quote
Peter J. Patrick

>>I am looking for the function deactivate all items in a drawing or from the >selected object. I can't find it. Is there button. Now you have to select each >individual item inside an object or model and (de) activate it with F8.

>If nothing is selected use the (RMB) right mouse buttom any where on the screen and select *deactivate all items* located after *room data*

As usual there are several ways to do things in EASE.

You can also go into the *Items* menu - *select active items* or *view active items* and manipulate things very usefully from these screens.

Best Regards

P.J.P.

PostPosted: Mon Jan 24, 2005 1:29 pm Reply with quote
Stefan

And there is yet another way: Switch on the Activate Mode from the Mouse menu. Then you can use the right mouse button directly for activate/deactivate, without the menu popping up. Use left mouse button to pick items as usual. This method is very quick for larger, more difficult selections, for example in complex 3D spaces.

Stefan

PostPosted: Tue Jan 25, 2005 3:42 pm Reply with quote
josh evans

Stefan,

All of these different methods are great. I really like the way EASE has different ways of using the same function (activate/deactivate)! Other programs use two functions (speaker on/speaker off) where they could of only used one.

activate and deactivate items
AFMG Network Forum Index -> EASE Forum Archive