AFMG Network
Forums for AFMG Software
AFMG Network Forum Index -> EASE Forum Archive -> Material for video screen
Material for video screen
PostPosted: Tue Dec 07, 2004 8:37 pm Reply with quote
Don DeLong

Anyone know of a good material for simulating a free hanging video screen? Along the same lines, anyone have any sites offering ease materials downloads. I've found plenty of additional speaker models, but no materials.

Thanks,

Don

Re: Material for video screen
PostPosted: Sat Jan 08, 2005 4:11 am Reply with quote
Peter Patrick

>Anyone know of a good material for simulating a free hanging video screen? Along the same lines, anyone have any sites offering ease materials downloads. I've found plenty of additional speaker models, but no materials.

>Thanks,

>Don

Don,

If you wish to see the case in EASE Vision or in EYES you will need to put faces onto the vertices at the eds of the lines.

Otherwise check that in the edit screeen you have set the menu bar item at the top of the screen to show lines. (I know it's obvious but I gotta ask!)

Best Regards

P.J.P.

Re: Material for video screen
PostPosted: Sat Jan 08, 2005 4:16 am Reply with quote
Peter Patrick

>>Anyone know of a good material for simulating a free hanging video screen? Along the same lines, anyone have any sites offering ease materials downloads. I've found plenty of additional speaker models, but no materials.

>>Thanks,

>>Don

>Don,

>If you wish to see the case in EASE Vision or in EYES you will need to put faces onto the vertices at the eds of the lines.

>Otherwise check that in the edit screeen you have set the menu bar item at the top of the screen to show lines. (I know it's obvious but I gotta ask!)

>Best Regards

>P.J.P.

Arghhh ... wrong message

Sorry Don ... I usually create my own materials either from guess-work or manufacturers data.

For your video screen I'd make a material wich is highly absorbent at low frequencies with gradually reducing absorption at high frequencies - depending on the type of screen material. Yes it's guesswork but it shouldn't produce significant errors. It's only critical if a Ray Trace routine shows the screen causing a problem.

Best Regards

P.J.P.

Material for video screen
AFMG Network Forum Index -> EASE Forum Archive