AFMG Network Forum
AFMG Network Forum Index -> EASE 4 -> Can I see points rays reached to audience area without rays
Can I see points rays reached to audience area without rays
PostPosted: Sat Aug 19, 2017 12:37 pm Reply with quote
masaya

Hi,

I want to see a distribution of points that reflect sounds reached to audience aera for a room shape design.

But I can't see the points disturbed by traced rays.

Can I see only the points without rays?

thanks,
PostPosted: Fri Aug 25, 2017 8:52 am Reply with quote
AFMG Pedro Lima
Forum Moderator

Hi masaya,

Via Ray Tracing module, you can use Ray Tracing Impacts or Mirror Image Impacts to compute the reflections and then click "Draw Bounces" to see the points where they hit the Faces.

It will be useful to select the Faces where you would like to see them and also to adjust to a low reflections order.

Also from the Ray tab, when viewing the impact file, you can draw ray by ray and check them individually. That would be preferable. For this, mark the "Wipe Old" check box. This way you can see the complete path and the points the rays hit the surface very clearly.

HTH,
Pedro
PostPosted: Mon Aug 28, 2017 2:32 pm Reply with quote
masaya

Dear Pedro,

Thank you for your suggestion.
Does "Draw Bounces" show only the points that rays reached to audience areas?
I want to know if the reflected sound (rays) distribute evenly on audience areas.

thanks,
masaya
PostPosted: Fri Sep 22, 2017 4:27 pm Reply with quote
AFMG Pedro Lima
Forum Moderator

Hi masaya,

Yes, if you use Ray Tracing Impacts it would only show the points for rays that reached the audience area.

You might want to use simple ray tracing (in addition to ray tracing impacts) considering selected Faces and first order only. You can also benefit from a good visualization by running Standard Mapping with Reflections.

I hope this helps.
PostPosted: Mon Oct 16, 2017 8:48 am Reply with quote
masaya

Dear Pedro,

I tried both Ray Tracing and Ray Tracing Impacts but results were not that I wants.
I want to see distribution of impact points on audience area, not reflect points on walls or ceiling.
For my room acoustic design, I put a SPHERE loudspeaker on a stage of a theater model and make Ray Tracing. I want to check if the distribution of impact points of reflections is uniform and there are no holes of reflections on the audience area, and so on. Do you have any other way?

Thanks,
Masaya
PostPosted: Tue Nov 28, 2017 3:17 pm Reply with quote
AFMG Pedro Lima
Forum Moderator

Hi masaya,

You will use Ray Tracing only to angle panels and understand the reflections pattern in the room. That should help you with proper positioning and size of the reflectors. Since you can see the rays that reach specific faces only, and you can see the rays that reach will reach an audience area indirectly, you can have a god clue of their distribution. For actual values, see below.

To see the only distribution of energy (in terms of sound pressure level), use Standard Mapping with Reflections from Eyes or Room Mapping modules. You can then switch between the "L" quantities to select different time frames and you can also choose different reflection orders. Notice that the direct sound from the source will always be there. Maybe a creative idea can be to put a 100% absorbing face in front of the speaker (properly positioned) to remove the direct sound from your simulation. This way you might be able to see only the reflections in that kind of mapping.

In general there are many ways of performing analysis in EASE. Since I'm not aware of your project and your goals it's not so trivial to suggest a specific way to chose from. The more you learn about EASE, the more flexibility you will have to perform investigations in different ways.

HTH,
Pedro
AFMG Network Forum Index -> EASE 4