AFMG Network Forum
AFMG Network Forum Index -> EASE 4 -> Invert all the Faces at same Time
Invert all the Faces at same Time
PostPosted: Tue Jan 31, 2017 11:05 pm Reply with quote
opacheco

Hi

I am treading with an AutoCad design of auditorium but some Faces were Mirrored using Autocad tools because the symmetrical geometrical conditions of the room but in the process all the faces went to inverter!!....

Do exist a method in EASE for do the inverting task for all the faces at same time ??...I have looked for in the manual and found nothing about!

Thanks anticipated
Opacheco.

PostPosted: Wed Feb 01, 2017 11:21 am Reply with quote
AFMG Frank Siegmann

Hi Opacheco,

select one face and bring it in the right orientation. With that face selected go to "Check Holes" from the Room Editor's Tools menu and execute "Close Holes" with "Auto - Orientation" checked.

Then all faces are oriented in the same direction as the selected face.

Best Regards
Frank Siegmann
PostPosted: Thu Feb 02, 2017 8:19 pm Reply with quote
opacheco

Frank,

I had tried to do that in the way you suggested but this method work to invert the face and faces sharing the same vertices only! but no for the another faces not sharing vertices with the firts face!!.....Do not exist a method for easy selection of a group of faces and click on the invert icon??

The drawing have almost 8,000 surfaces made in Autocad 2015 with closed polylines but everything is ok instance the invert faces problem in the mirror side of the drawing and this will be a crazy work to do this invert action by hand!!!......

any comments will be appreciated!

Opacheco.

PostPosted: Fri Feb 03, 2017 9:45 am Reply with quote
AFMG Frank Siegmann

Hi Opacheco,

rooms with not connected faces are problematical in general. There can be a lot of holes and it can be difficult to close the room. You could send the model to support@afmg.eu . Then we can have a look to see if we can give any advises.

Frank Siegmann
AFMG
PostPosted: Wed Feb 08, 2017 7:12 pm Reply with quote
opacheco

I was checking the model that I had drawing and this have some errors that I will need to solve firts in order to check for holes in these surfaces not connected faces!!....

I will comment soon about.

Thanks for help!

Opacheco.

Model ready now!
PostPosted: Sun Feb 12, 2017 6:47 pm Reply with quote
opacheco

Hi again,

I found the errors were for no planar faces because we used some drawing polylines tools in Autocad without to be sure that these faces were co planar feces then EASE tried to do co planar that!.....

Very hard work in order to fix severals faces (15,000!!).

Thanks a lot,
Opacheco

AFMG Network Forum Index -> EASE 4