AFMG Network Forum
AFMG Network Forum Index -> EASE 4 -> Having problems closing holes in Ease JR
Having problems closing holes in Ease JR
PostPosted: Fri Jul 29, 2016 12:12 am Reply with quote
ETGRon

hey folks,

I've been using EASE for a while now and have run across a problem I can't seem to nail down.
I have a room that has a mezzanine level (essentially a second floor with no walls) that's 10' off the ground floor and is 6" thick.
It extends 28' into a room that's 100' deep and 110' wide.
So the mezzanine is 110' wide and 28' deep @ 10' above the ground.
I need to model speaker coverage for the spaces above and below the mezzanine.
I built a face for the top (second floor) and bottom (ceiling of first floor) and a face for the front part of the mezzanine that faces into the rest of the room.
I can't seem to close the holes where the edges of of the mezzanine deck touch the side walls and the rear wall. I've tried a bunch of fixes but nothing has worked.
Thought I would reach out to the brain trust here.
It's been awhile since I took the training and I just can't seem to remember how to deal with this issue.

Thanks in advance!

Ron
PostPosted: Fri Jul 29, 2016 2:03 pm Reply with quote
AFMG Frank Siegmann

Hi Ron,

may you can send your EASE project to our support team ( support@afmg.eu )? Then we can have a look in the model and figure out how to fix the issue.

Frank Siegmann
AFMG
PostPosted: Fri Jul 29, 2016 5:38 pm Reply with quote
ETGRon

Hi Frank,

Thanks for the response.

I looked through the tutorial last night and thought I might have solved the issue.
I tried working on it today and got some of the problems solved but there are one set of coordinates I can't seem to solve. I tried packing the project but I get an error. The program wants me to check data when I click the pack project command and of course there are holes so it doesn't complete the pack project command.

any suggestions?

Ron
PostPosted: Fri Jul 29, 2016 5:43 pm Reply with quote
ETGRon

Holy cow I found it!
There's was one face that wasn't complete.
It must have been left over from a previous failed attempt to draw a face around the mezzanine.
It was connecting four vertex in a vertical line.
I had to go through every face in the model to find it Wink
PostPosted: Sat Jul 30, 2016 9:18 pm Reply with quote
AFMG Pedro Lima
Forum Moderator

Hi ETGRon,

You can easily find the source for problems like that using Tools > Check Holes. Click "Redraw All" button to highlight the places related to "holes" (drawing issues) in the room. Then, go to the EASE Tutorial, section Finding and Fixing holes, and see if any of the problems listed occur near the highlighted areas, by clicking with your mouse on the Faces and Edges around it. After fixing a found problem, click Check Again to update the list.

Donīt worry about the big list shown. It just tells you which Vertices are related to the drawing problem. As you fix the problems, the list is quickly reduced...

Sometimes opening Eyes (Room Mapping) also helps visualizing missing Faces, Inverted Faces, duplicated Faces and places where no Wall Materials have been applied yet.

HTH,
Pedro
PostPosted: Sun Jul 31, 2016 8:22 am Reply with quote
thomas

It's highly recommended to fix the problems manually and not using the "Close Holes"-button.
Thomas
AFMG Network Forum Index -> EASE 4