AFMG Network Forum
AFMG Network Forum Index -> AFMG SysTune -> TF invert magnitude trace
TF invert magnitude trace
PostPosted: Tue Jul 14, 2015 5:34 am Reply with quote
Niick

Is there a way to invert the live magnitude trace in SysTune Pro? I've been wanting to try out a method of EQ adjustment that uses the magnitude trace inverted, measured line level, and plotted against a saved trace of the pre-EQ acoustic magnitude of the speaker in question. This way, you use your processor and "trace out" the pre-EQ measurement, and since its inverted, what looks like a boost is actually a cut, and vice-versa. It looks like a really handy way of adjusting EQ, but it hinges on the trace being inverted.
PostPosted: Tue Jul 14, 2015 9:10 pm Reply with quote
AFMG Pedro Lima
Forum Moderator

Hi Nick,

Not sure you would want to invert the curve, as you probably donīt want to EQ everything, but only selected frequencies. A number of irregularities will be local due to reflections in the acoustical environment and might change drastically from one point to another (but I guess you know that Wink). In my opinion, thatīs better to evaluate with "regular" curves.

That said, you can view the inverted curve from the normalization plugin in SysTune Pro. If you have a Dirac Pulse loaded as overlay (which will be flat in the frequency domain), by applying the inverted curve in the Normalization plugin you get the inverted curve in the TF graph. The lock overlay buttons can be helpful there.

You can also export the inverted Transfer Function as a text file, from File > Export Data as Text > Frequency Response. Not sure this last one is much useful.

HTH,
Pedro Lima
AFMG Network Forum Index -> AFMG SysTune