AFMG Network Forum
AFMG Network Forum Index -> AFMG EASERA -> EASERA Distortion post processing questions
EASERA Distortion post processing questions
PostPosted: Tue Sep 04, 2012 7:36 pm Reply with quote
hadisumoro

Hi all,

I have questions about EASERA Distortion post processing. I am using EASERA 1.2.2Beta Pro, with Polar module. Please follow my description below:
Download file: http://www.mediafire.com/?64c4sva3z7payll

1. measure speaker with log-sweep, with 4 averages and 1 presend (48kHz sample rate).
2. no post processing (window or other) is applied. The data is saved as Distortion at 10percent.efr.
3. Go to Distortion menu - Options - change the smoothing to 1/3 oct (custom) - hit okay.
4. Look at relative spectra, go to overlay and erase everything but 2nd harmonics.
5. Change Y axis to percent and put some markers - this far, it should look like screenshot1.png.
6. File - Export Spectrum (1/3 oct resolution, Data in columns) - Distortion at 10percent.txt

When I open this data, I notice if the percentage does not match screenshot1.png

I have tested this with other EASERA measurement, and same result happens. I think I did not do a right transfer from dB to percent when it asked: 0dB = 0 Val.

1. What is the correct way/value to input in the conversion from dB to percent?
2. Is the mismatch between screenshot1.png and the exported txt file caused by incorrect value I input during dB to % axis change? At the same time I notice the data in the txt file does not really match the curve.
3. Aside from number 1 and 2 above, can I transfer the percentage result (or relative result) to a txt file (assuming if the current exported data is, let's say, the freq response in percent)?

Please advise.

Hadi
PostPosted: Wed Sep 05, 2012 1:08 pm Reply with quote
Charlie

Hi Hadi,
There does seem to be disagreement between the graphed distortion in EASERA and the exported spectrum of the distortion. I'll forward this to support in Berlin for them to look into it.

PostPosted: Wed Sep 05, 2012 1:48 pm Reply with quote
hadisumoro

Thank you for checking on this, Charlie.
PostPosted: Fri Oct 05, 2012 5:44 pm Reply with quote
yphs_mst

Hello,

I have another question about distortion post processing. After I loaded several files, I'd like to overlay the distortion graph. How do change the smoothing for different files at once? Is there a way to change the 1/48th - default (from the software/master control)?

I usually do it manually one by one, but this time I am overlaying more than 20 files at once. Please advise.

Hadi

PostPosted: Fri Oct 05, 2012 9:15 pm Reply with quote
Charlie

Hi Hadi,
The distortion options that control the smoothing for the display are unique to each data file. This can be accessed by clicking Data > Properties (F4). I don' think there is a way to change the distortion display smoothing for multiple files at the same time. Sorry. Sad

PostPosted: Mon Nov 19, 2012 7:27 am Reply with quote
peter9091

Thanks for checking ...... it's very useful for us .....

PostPosted: Sat Dec 06, 2014 9:18 am Reply with quote
sanimirza606

Dave,
you can save a Live Spectrum only for Overlays. Create Overlays first, then you can save them.