AFMG Network Forum
AFMG Network Forum Index -> EASE 4 -> Combine two faces?
Combine two faces?
PostPosted: Thu Aug 04, 2011 9:33 pm Reply with quote
Lindsay Smith

I have a rather complicated model that has multiple divided faces created by extruding a face and then extruding the top face again which I did to get the vertexes I needed to create even more faces. I have ended up with a number of adjoining pairs of rectangular faces that are in the same plane. Does EASE ignore meaningless face divisions? If not, is there a quick way to combine two faces into one? I know how to open the face properties and change vertexes but for a hundred faces, that is only theoretically practical.

Another unrelated question:
In the Edit Project window it can be extremely difficult to keep track of where different faces and layers are and even where a face is missing. I don't usually find Omniview very helpful, it lets me know when I've picked the wrong vertex but doesn't help much with picking the correct one. Is there a way to filter visibility of faces/vertexes by elevation, color or some other means? If I could render the model before I closed all the holes that would also be very helpful.

Thanks for your help.

Lindsay Smith
Seattle
PostPosted: Thu Aug 04, 2011 10:28 pm Reply with quote
Greg L

Lindsay,

I've got a SketchUp utility that will do that, but I'm currently revising the code. As in right now on my other two monitors.

I'm also adding a check to see if all EASE-AREAS have four vertices. Its got a few things that can help with closing models. Not doing it for you, but showing possible issues.

Feel free to PM me.

Greg -a-t- ChampionEnt.net
AFMG Network Forum Index -> EASE 4