AFMG Network Forum
AFMG Network Forum Index -> EASE 4 -> won't import skp model
won't import skp model
PostPosted: Wed Jul 20, 2011 7:22 am Reply with quote
alexis reymond

Hello.
I' m working on my first big project with ease.
Not being very acquainted with ease drawing capabilities i decided to draw my room with sketchup7. I first made a test with a previous room i had and the import seemed to work fine. i then draw my big room into sketchup but now it refuses to import it saying that my model has to be converted to a 7 or earlier version of sketchup altough my room has been drawn with skp7.
any idea?
in advance thank you very much.
Alexis
PostPosted: Wed Jul 20, 2011 11:46 am Reply with quote
AFMG Pedro Lima
Forum Moderator

Alex,

Could you please send me the Sketchup file so I can take a closer look? Please send to Pedro.Lima(at)AFMG.eu.

Also, you do can use Google Sketchup 8 to MODEL your room. Just make sure to SAVE AS Sketchup version 7 before sending to EASE. Which version exactly are you using?

Best Regards
PostPosted: Wed Jul 27, 2011 4:03 am Reply with quote
AFMG Pedro Lima
Forum Moderator

Sent via e-mail:

"Alex,

The file you have sent to me is working just fine on my machine. Also, having Sketchup installed on your computer is not really needed. So it doesn't matter which version of Sketchup you have installed, it doesn't interfere on the import process.

Since your file seems ok, I gues your EASE installation might be corrupted (at least the SKP reader). May I suggest repairing it? Or even uninstalling and reinstalling EASE? There is no need to upload or remove your license. Just repair EASE.

First of all, please make sure you have the latest version of EASE, which is 4.3.9.75. If you don't, please uninstall EASE and reinstall the newest version. You can find the newest installation files available for download on the AFMG Download Portal (The portal URL along with your login and password must have been sent to you via e-mail by your EASE distributor). If you do have the latest version, proceed as described bellow.

Find your EASE installation files, click Setup.exe and start EASE installation. Follow the steps indicated by the installation wizard and when it's time it will ask you to choose between Remove or Repair the program (as shown on the attached picture). Choose Repair and click next.

Please don't hesitate and contact us if you have further questions. Let know if the above solves your problem."
AFMG Network Forum Index -> EASE 4