AFMG Network Forum
AFMG Network Forum Index -> AFMG EASERA -> Error - Wave tag is not supported
Error - Wave tag is not supported
PostPosted: Fri Jul 01, 2011 3:21 pm Reply with quote
StanB

I'm trying to analyze some audio files for S/N, distortion, etc. These are voice .wav files. When trying to open one, I get the error of "Wave tag is not supported." The format on these is ADPCM. Any idea why I can't get these to load? Thanks
PostPosted: Sat Jul 02, 2011 2:54 pm Reply with quote
Bruce

Please send one of these files to support (at) afmg.eu, and we will have a look. What application was used to record these files?

PostPosted: Sun Jul 03, 2011 2:37 am Reply with quote
StanB

Unfortunately, I'm not able to send the file due to confidential content of the audio. Various organizations dictate via telephone into our datacenter and I don't have information on what specific device/application is used for each. We have employees then transcribe text from those dictated voice files.

Subjectively, it's clear that some audio quality is superior to others. However, I need an objective metric to apply to these in order to evaluation transcriptionist productivity based on the audio quality. Something like audio quality X = transcriptionist productivity Y. I will eventually need to run/analyze thousands of files to gain these metrics over a long period.

I was hoping to use EASERA to accomplish this. Does this sound practical based on your application's capability (provided we can work through the error I receive for these files)?
PostPosted: Tue Jul 05, 2011 3:30 am Reply with quote
Bruce

I am not quite clear where the recording happens, at your data center, or at the various organizations that use the data center. In any case, I skipped over the part where you said the format is Adaptive, but I suspect we don't support that codec, which is why the tag is not supported.

Now that I understand what you are trying to do, if you were able to create a PCM wave file by decoding the files you have, EASERA would be able to do some of the analysis you need, but I am not sure it can give you all that you need to get to the quality metric you desire.

AFMG Network Forum Index -> AFMG EASERA