AFMG Network Forum
AFMG Network Forum Index -> AFMG EASERA -> RESEARCHING
RESEARCHING
PostPosted: Mon Aug 02, 2010 10:17 am Reply with quote
logix

Hi Team

Just reasearching and getting passionate about this industry.
i have typically done measurements with the NTI range of gear but im moving across (hopefully upwards with easera)

I have a friends copy of easera that I can use. I want to quickly take some SPL, RT60, Delay and STI measurements to try it out. EAD would be nice too!

With the NTi gear (for example) the generator and the analyzer work in unision. I want to use the NTI test tone generator for EASERA (only because I already understand that system). However i do have the Easera gateway and I believe I should be using the inbuilt test generato as I can create an internal referance... correct? (can someone breifly explain this?

Main question : Can anyone tell me just enough to get me started....what types of test tones I shoud be looking to use for the above measurements? Sweep,Chirp,Pink,White etc????? The tutorial always refers to the 'impulse' I understand what an impulse is but what test gen generates this impulse?

I hope someone can help me out as im pretty keen to get started.

Great to be here from anyone..

Regards
PostPosted: Tue Aug 03, 2010 6:27 pm Reply with quote
Jim Mobley

In EASERA you can make measurements with an external stimulus using the Live mode: EASERA is then acting as a sound level meter/RTA.

If you want to use the full measurement capability of EASERA, then you'll need to generate the stimulus from EASERA, not an external source. Please have a look at the EASERA Tutorial:

http://tinyurl.com/2g3wphb

for details on setting up EASERA to take measurements and on choosing a stimulus that will give you the best signal to noise in your measurements.

Jim Mobley
Sr. Application Engineer
Renkus-Heinz, Inc.
19201 Cook St.
Foothill Ranch, CA 92610 USA
TEL: +1-949-588-9997
FAX: +1-949-588-9514
www.renkus-heinz.com
mailto:jim@renkus-heinz.com
PostPosted: Tue Aug 03, 2010 9:12 pm Reply with quote
logix

Many thanks, I thought that would be the case, Do you know of any You tube or video or even screen shot tutorials from users such as yourself. I find that user tutorials are often better then the offical tutorial.

Thankyou for the reply, it really helps beginners out when knowledgable members take the time to answer the sometimes boring and most basic questions.
AFMG Network Forum Index -> AFMG EASERA