AFMG Network Forum
AFMG Network Forum Index -> EASE 4 -> Problem installing Ease on Windows 7, Run Time Error 70
Problem installing Ease on Windows 7, Run Time Error 70
PostPosted: Thu Feb 11, 2010 3:45 am Reply with quote
gjkeph

I am having problems getting a clean install of EASE 4.3.8 on my Windows 7 machine. I had it installed previously on the pre-release vesion and things were fine, but now I am working on my permanent copy. I get a 'runtime error 70, Permission denied' whenever I attempt to save a file. I have attempted uninstall/reinstalls, custom installs into the 4.1 directory and lots of other things. This is the farthest I have reached. Previous tries did not even allow me to get to opening a file. Any suggestions?

260-348-6990
greg@kps.kephartsystems.com
PostPosted: Thu Feb 11, 2010 9:58 am Reply with quote
AFMG Frank Siegmann

Please note that the EASE 4.1 default path structure isn't compatible with the Windows 7 security requirements. To fix the problem you have to re-install EASE 4.3. In doing so on the Remove or Repair dialog select "Remove" and be sure to check the box “Reset all installation adjustments to default values.”

See also
http://www.renkus-heinz.com/ease/EASE4.3_UpdateProcedure.pdf

Frank Siegmann
AFMG
PostPosted: Thu Apr 22, 2010 3:39 pm Reply with quote
cp

I'm also having problems installing EASE 4.3.8 on my Windows 7 machine (64 Bit-OS).
First I had a EASE 4.3.8 installed and got a runtime error '70' - Access denied. For the the next step I unistalled all EASE components via the control panel, programs, uninstall and did a fresh install, which finished successfully. But I get the the same runtime error.
Note: when I open a project via Desktop Icons: Start working - open project - I get a runtime error '5'. When I open a project via File - Open project I get runtime error '70'.
In the next step I followed the steps from your UpdateProcedure.pdf. I uploaded my License key before installation and I selected the option "Reset all installation adjustments to default values". I checked that EASE40Data folder was in: C.\Users\Public\Documents\. It was detected and removed during installation. I still get the error message. Any suggestions?
Thx

PostPosted: Thu Apr 22, 2010 3:56 pm Reply with quote
AFMG Frank Siegmann

Please send an EASE status report to the AFMG technical support (mailto:support@afmg.eu) to check your installation. To obtain the report execute "Create Status Report" from the EASE main modules Help menu.

Frank Siegmann
AFMG
AFMG Network Forum Index -> EASE 4