AFMG Network Forum
AFMG Network Forum Index -> EASE 4 -> Building a Speaker Case
Building a Speaker Case
PostPosted: Wed Mar 17, 2010 1:52 pm Reply with quote
Jessica

I am working on my first 'real' EASE model for a project. I have successful used a wizard from EAW to create an array that we would like to try in the room I have built. However, doing this does not bring in a speaker case for the array. We are concerned that there is not going to be room height-wise for the array so this is fairly important. Following is what I have done in attempts to build a case for the speaker, can someone point out what I'm doing wrong?

First let me say that there are other speakers in the room now where the cases are visible, so I do have that option clicked on (that was my first thought - hoping that it was a silly mistake).

I used SpeakerBase and built the case (the same way that I saw the other EAW cases that I'm using were built - with points and faces). I saved the speaker with the newly built case. But it doesn't show when I insert into the room, only the horn shows. My other thought is how do I pick the center of the case in SpeakerBase so that it will line up with the horn when it's inserted into the room. Could the case be floating off somewhere and I'm just not seeing it?
PostPosted: Wed Mar 17, 2010 11:21 pm Reply with quote
Bruce

Jessica,

The 0,0,0 point in the case drawing is the location for the Point Of Reference (POR) of the balloon data. You must open the SPK file in EASE SpeakerBase, then modify the case from the Edit menu. It is not clear from your description if you did that or if you created a new SPK file.

PostPosted: Thu Mar 18, 2010 12:56 pm Reply with quote
Jessica

I apologize if I was unclear.

Yes, I used Speakerbase to import the file that was created by the EAW wizard. Then I saved that as a .spk file. Next I modified the case of that same file using the Edit menu - Case (opening the Edit Case window). The center of the case is currently at 0,0,0 is that Edit Case window.
AFMG Network Forum Index -> EASE 4