AFMG Network Forum
AFMG Network Forum Index -> AFMG SysTune -> Multi-Client ASIO
Multi-Client ASIO
PostPosted: Mon Mar 08, 2010 9:32 am Reply with quote
soundarchitect

Hello,

I was wondering if it is possible to make more a more specific selection on the in- and outputs used by Systune from the (multi-channel) ASIO driver? It seems Systune takes hold of the complete audio-interface giving other applications no chance to use it.

In my specific setup I would like to use the multi-channel ASIO driver in Systune en play some music from the same computer. I'm routing the outputs for music to outputs outside the first 8 outputs (usable by Systune).

Rig:
Windows XP, SP3
Latest Systune
RME Fireface UC, all drivers updated

Regards,

Dennis

PostPosted: Wed Mar 10, 2010 12:03 am Reply with quote
Bruce

Dennis,

If I understand you correctly, you would need to get SysTune Pro where there is a feature called the Channel Map. This allows you to map each of the 8 software channels to any of the hardware channels that are available.

Last edited by Bruce on Wed Mar 17, 2010 11:05 pm; edited 1 time in total

PostPosted: Sun Mar 14, 2010 11:10 am Reply with quote
soundarchitect

Hello Bruce,

Thank you for your reply. I will try to run the Pro version and see if it will clear my problems.

Regards,
Dennis

PostPosted: Sat Sep 18, 2010 7:30 pm Reply with quote
AFMG Pedro Lima
Forum Moderator

Bruce, I think I have the same issue. I don't think channel mapping is what he needs. I think, what he is trying to say is he, for instance, would like to use the windows media player to play the music (the reference signal for systune) but he can't because systune doesn't let any other software use the audio device (even with a multiclient ASIO compatible device, such as RME-Fireface 400). If that is possible, we could then make a (virtual) loopback in the sound card so that systune can use the (corresponding) input as a reference.
PostPosted: Sun Sep 19, 2010 5:41 am Reply with quote
AFMG Pedro Lima
Forum Moderator

Hum... This is weird. I just tried again this setup, and it works! Before, when I Start Analisys in systune, the Media Player or iTunes would stop. Now it is working just like expected (and without touching the channel mapp).

Any ideas? Shocked
PostPosted: Sun Sep 19, 2010 5:58 am Reply with quote
AFMG Pedro Lima
Forum Moderator

Aha! Sample Rates!! You have to make sure that the played program and systune use the same sample rate! I'm embarassed, it is so obvious! Multi-Client ASIO requires it! Also, after open systune, you have to make sure that the analysis is not runing before opening the Media Player. Otherwise you get problems. So just convert the audio files to the desired sample rate or make sure that systune uses the original file sample rate! uhul! I'm very excited about it! Mr. Green
PostPosted: Sun Sep 19, 2010 6:29 am Reply with quote
AFMG Pedro Lima
Forum Moderator

Embarassed No, sorry... The audio is "destroyed" when I start the analisys in systune. I could only make it work using another drive in systune (such as Direct Sound). But the loopback for the reference has to be done manually with a cable (actually prefferable to account for the Audio device latency and response). So, is there a way to make it work with ASIO driver? (channel mapping seems not to be enought to make it work, I think) Neutral
AFMG Network Forum Index -> AFMG SysTune