AFMG Network Forum
AFMG Network Forum Index -> EASE 4 -> v3.0 to v4.2: wall materials not recognized
v3.0 to v4.2: wall materials not recognized
PostPosted: Wed Jul 01, 2009 10:09 pm Reply with quote
Jessica

hello all,

when i open some olders models we have that were created in v3.0 with v4.2 i get a pop-up at the beginning asking if i want to view the logfile. this shows all of the materials that were replaced. many materials were just in a different location because the hard drive is set-up differently now - that's fine. but many others were replaced with 'absorber.' many of the materials that were replaced with 'absorber' have the same file name in v4.2 as in v3.0, so it's strange that they were not found. after the logfile opens there are pop-ups to help me locate suitable replacements for the materials that it couldn't find. however, many of the cryptic file names are not very helpful. is there a way that i can get access to the old wall materail abs data, etc. to compare it to the ones available in v4.2 to help me pick a substitute?

thanks!
PostPosted: Thu Jul 02, 2009 4:43 am Reply with quote
Bruce

Hi Jessica,

You should find all of the same files from the EASE 3.0 data in the Full folder under EASE40Data\Global Materials40\American Base. The names should be the same IIRC.

PostPosted: Thu Jul 02, 2009 2:01 pm Reply with quote
Jessica

bruce - are all the materials that were available in v3.0 located in the 'Full' folder? that is where, i assume, the program looks automatically to match them up and where i have also looked. i am assuming that many of the materials that i cannot find are standard EASE materials. for instance, one that was used many time is 'gyp2x58b'. in the 'Full' folder i find 'gyp2x58' but not with the 'b' at the end. there is a 'gyp125mmb' that it says has a different mounting condition than 'gyp125mm' so i assume that the 'b' mounting was once also an option for the 2 layers of 5/8" gyp. there are others that i'm thinking may be custom (that is possible, right?) - so i may be out of luck there.
PostPosted: Thu Jul 02, 2009 5:10 pm Reply with quote
Bruce

Jessica,

Yes, there are 188 (or 189 if absorber.mat is there) materials in each Full folder for EASE 3 and EASE 4. I suspect that the double gypboard with the b at the end was a custom material created by whoever created the model.

AFMG Network Forum Index -> EASE 4