AFMG Network Forum
AFMG Network Forum Index -> EASE 4 -> AURA Mapping Error - Hard Disk Full
AURA Mapping Error - Hard Disk Full
PostPosted: Wed Jun 22, 2005 7:45 pm Reply with quote
mpincus

During the 'combine loudspeakers' stage of running Aura, several temporary .dat files are created in .../local settings/temp. There have been a few projects where the process has failed because the hard drive becomes full. When I went to delete the temporary files I noticed that two identical folders had been created - Dir$0006.ea$ and Dir$0007.ea$. The folders have the exact same files, filenames, sizes, and creation dates. Shocked Why?! Each folder has about 15 GB. With 30 GB available for these .dat files, there was a chance the mapping could have been completed - but not if EASE is going to create duplicates Mad
PostPosted: Tue Jul 05, 2005 8:26 am Reply with quote
Stefan

Hello,

during the simulation AURA creates mapping files for every active loudspeaker individually. Then, during the "Recombination", these files are combined to final files depending on the selection of the user.

For that reason there must always be a source (with all files) and a destination (with the result files). I assume that in your case you have used only a single loudspeaker at all?

In future EASE updates we will make the AURA temporary path more accessible. We will also try to improve the prediction for the memory requirements.

Stefan
AFMG Network Forum Index -> EASE 4