AFMG Network Forum
AFMG Network Forum Index -> EASE 4 -> Sketchup - drawing coated faces on Sketchup
Sketchup - drawing coated faces on Sketchup
PostPosted: Sun Feb 04, 2018 8:57 pm Reply with quote
oktorockto

Is there any way you can draw faces in Sketchup and have them as coats of the faces they are on? I want to put acoustic panels onto walls in Sketchup and then import the whole model into EASE. I am aware these also have to be two fold faces and how to do that but I'm not sure how to do a coated face. In Sketchup it appears the coats are less than 1mm away from the faces behind them when I have exported models with coated faces. Any help is much appreciated.
PostPosted: Mon Feb 05, 2018 9:59 am Reply with quote
Waldemar

Hi,
create a hole in a SketchUp face. But do not delete the hole face. Place this hole face on a "two-fold" layer "matFront $ matRear". The importer will close the mother face and create a twofold face, which is coat of the mother face (which had the hole in SketchUp).
In case of a column, the floor/ceiling faces of the column has to be deleted (if there are faces at all). These "real" holes are changed to "coat of" faces automatically.
The EASE update 4.4.16 has fixed the interim problem with the shifted coat faces.

PostPosted: Tue Feb 06, 2018 9:56 pm Reply with quote
oktorockto

Thank you I have achieved that now - makes everything a lot faster for me to build a model now, very happy.
AFMG Network Forum Index -> EASE 4