AFMG Network Forum
AFMG Network Forum Index -> EASE 4 -> How to model acoustic treatment in EASE
How to model acoustic treatment in EASE
PostPosted: Thu Aug 18, 2016 8:04 pm Reply with quote
ETGRon

I need some assistance adding treatment to my model.
I did RTFM and searched the forum and while I did find some interesting discussions/debates I didn't find an actual "how to model ceiling baffles in EASE".
I need to add 2'x 5 ' x 2" thick ceiling baffles (MBI Cloud-lite) and 8' x 4' x 2" thick wall panels. Do I just draw a rectangle and make it a two fold face with the absorptive material? Do I need to make a 3 D model or will a flat rectangle with the proper material suffice? I know I need to be sure I stay inside of the faces of the walls & ceiling to prevent creating holes. How far away should I space my wall panels? My model requires over 400 ceiling baffles is there a way to build one and duplicate it?

Thanks in advance!
PostPosted: Wed Aug 24, 2016 7:30 pm Reply with quote
Agustín Arias

Hi!
For the ceiling baffles you can draw them as plane rectangles with two fold face. But you have to be careful when you set the absorption coefficients. You have to be sure that those coefficients that you load were measured considering just one face of the real baffle (for example, the baffle was in the floor, with one face looking upwards when it was measured). If that is the case, you can set those coefficients for both faces (face and rear). Be sure that the coefficients where measured for that thickness too.
Regarding the wall panels, you have to draw them in the same plane of the wall, and set them as two fold face and set the "Is coat of" option, selecting the wall face in which the panel is mounted. When you use the "is coat of" option, the rear face is not considered, so make sure that the orange-colored side of the face is looking to the interior of the room (the "is coat of" option has to be used mandatory, because this allows to subtract the surface of the panel to hte surface of the wall, so the total surface remains the same)

agustin.arias@outlook.com
thanks for the response!
PostPosted: Wed Aug 24, 2016 9:49 pm Reply with quote
ETGRon

Hi Agustin,

Thanks for the response, that's exactly the info I was looking for.
Regarding the ceiling baffles I'm using the MBI Cloud lite 2" baffles which are listed in the materials database in EASE.
But I have no idea how they were measured.
I saw in another post there is some debate with no clear answer.
Any experience with the MBI baffles?
AFMG Network Forum Index -> EASE 4