AFMG Network Forum
AFMG Network Forum Index -> EASE 4 -> Industrial noise
Industrial noise
PostPosted: Sun Nov 08, 2015 1:21 am Reply with quote
luigi motta

Hello Everybody,
is possible to simulate a big indoor industrial plant using EASE? My focus is use EASE to predict the correct "insulation technic" (using barriers and/or baffles) to reduce the sound emission of the plant.
I know that the sources is inserted only by the sound pressure level (and not by sound power level, unfortunately i have the SWL), is it correct? Is there a method to insert the source's power level or have I to recalculate the SPL from SWL using formulas?
Thank You in advance for the answers.
Bye.

Luigi
PostPosted: Sat Nov 21, 2015 4:08 pm Reply with quote
Lindsay S

I don't think EASE is the right tool for what you are trying to do. EASE does not deal with transmission loss, this means that all the sound producing devices have to be effectively in the open.

Having said that, I once had a project with very loud fans and used EASE to determine the sound level in various parts of the building. You basically construct speakers that have the output characteristics of the sound producing device. It's been a while and I don't have access to my model but I made a hemispherical speaker and used a conversion formula to get the appropriate levels. I and a real acoustician talked it through; we had to make some assumptions but we both agreed they were appropriate.

This process would only give you the level at a location, you would still need to then calculate how to attenuate it.

Lindsay Smith
Seattle
AFMG Network Forum Index -> EASE 4