AFMG Network Forum
AFMG Network Forum Index -> AFMG SysTune -> Loudspeaker Step Response measurements
Loudspeaker Step Response measurements
PostPosted: Sun Aug 16, 2015 7:12 am Reply with quote
Niick

Any chance a future release of SysTune(Pro) could incorporate a real-time step response measurement, the way you already do the real time IR?

If so, this would be AWESOME!! Seeing how many programs seem to easily (???) convert IR to SR........

I've found that in my work, the SR can really help me to determine good crossover and delay settings, but at this point I have to export the IR from SysTune, and open in another program, therefore, I pretty much use it as a means of confirmation that I'm getting a good transition in timing between drivers.

I've found a way to take a direct SR using a custom pulsed excitation signal and a DSO, but poor noise rejection makes it kinda difficult to do, although it is the only real-time SR I've found so far.
PostPosted: Wed Aug 19, 2015 4:35 pm Reply with quote
Bruce

We would recommend you use EASERA for this, as it includes the Step Response as well as many other tools useful to loudspeaker designers. SysTune is intended for tuning of loudspeaker Systems, whereas EASERA has more applicability to measuring individual loudspeaker Boxes.

AFMG Network Forum Index -> AFMG SysTune