AFMG Network Forum
AFMG Network Forum Index -> EASE 4 -> Changing the Color of Faces
Changing the Color of Faces
PostPosted: Fri Oct 12, 2012 5:29 pm Reply with quote
opacheco

Hi,

I would like to know how I change the color of severals faces at time in the EASE Room Edit module???.....

I appreciate any coment!
Opacheco.

PostPosted: Sat Oct 13, 2012 3:59 pm Reply with quote
Bruce

Use the Face table, select multiple faces, then you can change the color of all that are slected using the Tools menu Set Value To .

PostPosted: Tue Oct 30, 2012 2:06 am Reply with quote
AFMG Pedro Lima
Forum Moderator

You might also use the Color and Material command, from the Tools menu of the Faces Table. After clicking on it, just change the Color of a Face and EASE will automatically change the Color for all Faces that have the same Wall Material as that selected Face.
PostPosted: Tue Nov 06, 2012 1:06 am Reply with quote
AFMG Pedro Lima
Forum Moderator

*Color and Material COUPLED Wink
PostPosted: Sun Mar 03, 2013 12:20 am Reply with quote
Ron Sauro

This can be done easily with the objects command..... or as others know it "grouping"
In the edit room window Go to the mouse menu and select the command "Activate Mode".
Use the left Mouse button to select the faces you wish to change the color of.... then when you have it selected press the right mousse button to activate it.
After activating ALL of the faces you wish to change the go to the insert menu and create an object.
Use all active items and name it..... After the object is created then edit the tab that has the color properties and it will change all of the faces that are part of the object.
This function can be used over and over to change properties of what ever is in the object ... like speaker properties like power ... tilt angle... speaker type....
or faces properties like color,,, material... visable or invisible to help in a complicated model.... There are so many uses like editing the lengths of pews in a group or creating large numbers of seats or speaker arrays
PostPosted: Thu Mar 14, 2013 12:17 am Reply with quote
Lindsay Smith

Is there a way to look at the colors of the faces without going to Standard Rendering/Room Mapping?

Sometimes I'm half way through an unclosed model and I want to look a rendered version so I can tell where I am. I can't figure out a way to do that with an unclosed model.

Thanks for your help.

Lindsay Smith
Seattle
PostPosted: Thu Mar 14, 2013 1:35 am Reply with quote
Bruce

Lindsay Smith wrote:
Is there a way to look at the colors of the faces without going to Standard Rendering/Room Mapping?

Sometimes I'm half way through an unclosed model and I want to look a rendered version so I can tell where I am. I can't figure out a way to do that with an unclosed model.

The Import/Export module shows the face colors. If you open it from the file menu after closing the Edit Project window you are able to see the colors. They are not shaded, only the outlines are shown, but I find it helpful to check my work. There are no nice ToolBar icons to switch the views, but the X, Y, Z, and 3 keyboard shortcuts work to show the respective views.

PostPosted: Thu Mar 14, 2013 10:53 am Reply with quote
Ron Sauro

Lindsay,
I draw a lot and use the rendering window a lot. All you have to do is "check data" and then Save it other as Save As. As long as the room is open you will only be asked if the room faces are the wrong orientation. You can keep the render window open in the background and everytime you want to see where you are. ?you can do a check data and then go to the render window and you will see a yellow border arond the view. ?.reqyuiring you to just hit the update command to get an updated view.
AFMG Network Forum Index -> EASE 4