AFMG Network Forum
AFMG Network Forum Index -> EASE 4 -> Why is my 2D directivity map only showing up in black?
Why is my 2D directivity map only showing up in black?
PostPosted: Tue Dec 04, 2007 5:55 pm Reply with quote
davekotch

In my 2D directivity mode my map is showing up in all black with no frequency data. As I am a new EASE user I have no idea why this is happening... Any help would be appreciated.

Thanks.

Dave

[img][/img]
PostPosted: Tue Dec 04, 2007 6:31 pm Reply with quote
Jim Mobley

Hi Dave,

I'm not sure what you mean by "2D directivity mode?" Do you mean Standard Mapping? If so, check the following:

1) Are the loudspeakers turned up? Check the loudspeaker properties and make sure that you see SPL levels for all of the bands you want to map.

2) Are the loudspeakers above the Audience areas? In order to map, loudspeakers must be above the area, or above a line extended in the plane of the area at the loudspeaker location.

3) Are you mapping with Shadow Cast switched on? If so, are the audience areas shadowed by faces in the project?

4) Are you mapping %ALcons in an open room? You must close the room in order to map %ALcons or any other parameter other than Direct SPL and Arrival time.

The best thing for you to do is to pack your project: File > Pack Project in the EASE Main and then send me the zip file so i can have a look at it. That way I can help you directly and you won't have to wait while the Forum participants guess at it.

Jim Mobley
Sr. Application Engineer
Renkus-Heinz, Inc.
19201 Cook St.
Foothill Ranch, CA 92610 USA
TEL: +1-949-588-9997
FAX: +1-949-588-9514
www.renkus-heinz.com
mailto:jim@renkus-heinz.com
PostPosted: Sun Jun 26, 2011 4:29 pm Reply with quote
daniferfer

I just did
PostPosted: Sun Jun 26, 2011 4:54 pm Reply with quote
daniferfer

regarding the posted topic for the black mapping here are mu notes :

1) Are the loudspeakers turned up? Check the loudspeaker properties and make sure that you see SPL levels for all of the bands you want to map. YES I DO HAVE SPL GRAPHS ON THE SPKR PROPERTIES

2) Are the loudspeakers above the Audience areas? In order to map, loudspeakers must be above the area, or above a line extended in the plane of the area at the loudspeaker location.

3) Are you mapping with Shadow Cast switched on? If so, are the audience areas shadowed by faces in the project? YES SPKRS ARE ABOVE AUDIENCE AREAS

4) Are you mapping %ALcons in an open room? You must close the room in order to map %ALcons or any other parameter other than Direct SPL and Arrival time. DON"T KNOW HOW TO DO THAT !WHAT DO YOU MEAN BY CLOSE THE ROOM, AS FAR AS I KNOW I AM NOT DOING ANY ALCONS JUST DIRECT SPL MAPPING
PostPosted: Sun Jun 26, 2011 8:35 pm Reply with quote
AFMG Pedro Lima
Forum Moderator

Dani,

I will answer to your questions on the other post. Since you have created that one, please keep your answers there. It is easier for other users also with doubt to keep track of the post.
AFMG Network Forum Index -> EASE 4