AFMG Network Forum
AFMG Network Forum Index -> AFMG EASERA -> collecting polar data
collecting polar data
PostPosted: Sun May 18, 2008 7:55 pm Reply with quote
Jack

HI,I wouls like to know the best procedure for taking balloon data with easera;currently I don't have easera pro,just easera;but if necessary I will upgrade to easera pro.With my current version of easera,If I want to get measurement for balloon or polar data,I must windowed all the impulse by hand and save a copy of the impulse with the windowed parameters.I'm also not sure if we can do an editing sequence for windowing the impulse response and save this impulse automatically with the automation polar module;the goal is to send this balloon data in speakerlab.

thanks
PostPosted: Sun May 18, 2008 9:15 pm Reply with quote
Stefan

Hi Jack,

with EASERA Pro you can use Editing Sequences which allow you to apply automatically windowing, filtering and smoothing functions to a measurement (practically any sort of editing step you can apply manually).

If you would like to automate the acquisition and make several measurements in a row or even balloon measurements you will need the Polar module too. We currently have a Beta of EASERA v1.2 which also supports up to two independent LinearX LT360 and Outline ET2 turntables.

To generate balloon data, EASE SpeakerLab is a good choice. SpeakerLab ships with every version of EASE 4.2 and can read EASERA files right away. There will be a Pro version for manufacturers and designers also, it will probably be released this fall.

Stefan
PostPosted: Sun May 18, 2008 11:58 pm Reply with quote
Jack

Thanks Stefan for your rapid reply to my post;
I have one more question about this topic; in easera manual it's mentioned that the editing sequence is only for representation and that the original data is left unchange,so when we save the last measurement,is it the original data that is saved or the edited data or both?

By the way,do you know if I will be able to read GLL files in ease focus in the near future?

thanks very much
PostPosted: Mon May 19, 2008 9:55 am Reply with quote
Stefan

Hi Jack,

the automation works like the normal measurement. You can apply an Editing Sequence and undo any of its steps. However, when you save to a file the present state will be saved. If you have applied some editing, the changed data will be saved. If you have not applied any editing or undone it the original data will be saved to the file. (Just like in MS Word or so.)

EASE Focus v2.0 will go 3D and support new features like horizontal coverage. At that point of time, it will also support GLL files, because the current EFO format is 2D only. However, to be able to authorize GLL files for use in EASE Focus, you will still need to purchase a license like right now.

Regarding the EASE Focus development schedule, we are currently in Alpha state. The Beta is planned for the last quarter of the year. Contact us if you are interested to participate.

Stefan
PostPosted: Mon May 19, 2008 2:23 pm Reply with quote
Jack

thanks stefan it's clear for me now,I must have easera pro for the job.
PostPosted: Wed Jan 07, 2009 5:07 pm Reply with quote
hadisumoro

Stefan/Bruce,

I have several questions below.

In the future, is there going to be an update for EASERA to show the polars? It is not very convenient to install EASE in all measurement computers. Can we download speakerlab/speaker base independent without EASE?

After a polar measurement in EASERA PRO, we get a lof of etm files. How do we import these file directly to speakerlab? I only find this feature in Speaker base.

I apologize if I miss the discussion in this forum. Thank you in advance.

Hadi Sumoro
PostPosted: Sun Jan 11, 2009 9:50 am Reply with quote
Stefan

Hadi,

at some point of time there may be an update for EASERA to show polar data. However, right now you can install EASE SpeakerLab independently from EASE on the same computer and view the balloon data in detail. Note that EASE and EASE SpeakerLab are independent software products, they are installed and licensed individually.

Regarding how to import the polar data in SpeakerLab, please check the manual shipping with the software. Just open the Source Editor, select File / New and then go to Edit Balloon Data.

Stefan
PostPosted: Mon Jan 12, 2009 4:32 pm Reply with quote
hadisumoro

Thank you for the prompt reply, Stefan.
PostPosted: Wed Feb 18, 2009 4:19 pm Reply with quote
jensen

hi,

i am new in this network and i found the treat about measuring ballon-data.
i am going to do that too. and as you might know, i have got a lot of questions too Wink

i think i found a way to measure my speaker, but i am not really shure how to prepaire and load the data to speaker base. do i have to modify my IR-files before i load them to speaker base. like windowing, smoothing and normalize? or is speaker base able to deal with the basic data?

thanx for your help

jens
AFMG Network Forum Index -> AFMG EASERA