AFMG Network Forum
AFMG Network Forum Index -> EASE 4 -> EASE File Management
EASE File Management
PostPosted: Mon Nov 17, 2008 10:03 pm Reply with quote
Arthur

I'm going through the process of transferring everything all my programs to a new windows virtual machine on my MacBook Pro, and while I'm at it, try to organize a mess of scattered EASE databases, files, and whatnot for more efficient workflow. A few questions:

1. In moving datafiles over, is it best to pack the project, and then move the files over to the new drive? I tried moving over an entire project folder over, but with reorganized speaker and material databases it was a real chore having to reassign the source of these materials! Any tips to make this easier?

2. Is there any way that my databases/files reside on a network volume? Seems like in the past EASE didn't like saving datafiles to network volumes, so I ended up with everything in My Documents folder on the same hard drive. Ideally I would like my windows virtual machine/boot camp partition disk space reserved for only program and operating system files, and the network volume provides easier access to files for backup and documentation so I have one folder encompassing a project and all it's related files (EASE, CAD, reports, notes, measurement data, etc).

Oh and my configuration is a MacBook Pro, OSX 10.4.11, Parallels Desktop running either Windows 2000, or Windows XP/Bootcamp Partition.

Thanks!

Arthur
AFMG Network Forum Index -> EASE 4