AFMG Network Forum
AFMG Network Forum Index -> AFMG SysTune -> Windows refreshing often
Windows refreshing often
PostPosted: Thu Mar 20, 2008 2:59 pm Reply with quote
Bob Hulme

Hi,
I'm having a small problem with the Systune program. When I click on a dropdown menu, all the windows I have open (Protea system software and System Architect) refresh. It was that way with my trial version but I thought it would be fixed when I bought the program. I've tried closing my open programs and just leaving Systune open and it does it then too. I have a Compaq EVO N610c notebook computer 2.0 gig, 768 megs ram, Edirol UA-25, XP pro.
Since nobody has mentioned this I'm assuming it's my setup. Anyone have any idea what I'm doing wrong?

Thanks, Bob H

PS Great program BTW
PostPosted: Mon Mar 24, 2008 2:02 pm Reply with quote
Bob Hulme

Anyone?

Bob H
PostPosted: Wed Mar 26, 2008 8:46 am Reply with quote
Stefan

Hi Bob,

we have seen this behavior on two of our older development computers so far, but you are the first user to report it.

We will try to fix the problem with the next update. In the meantime, it would be helpful if you could send us the status report of your computer by email.

Thank you,
Stefan
PostPosted: Mon Aug 11, 2008 4:01 am Reply with quote
gluis

I'm not sure if that is what's happening to you, but reading the manual I found this. I hope it might be of help. It is on page 93, I just copied and pasted it here:

Before we return to the window types, we have to make a small excursion to introduce some general program parameters. These can be configured on the first tab of the OPTIONS window, the GENERAL tab. It contains options applicable to various areas of the software:
• RESOURCES|UPPER MEMORY LIMIT defines the maximum memory allowed for overlay data. This includes captured curves, loaded files and averages. By default, the program sets this memory limit to 80% of the physical RAM available.
o If you experience problems with other applications when running SysTune try reducing this memory limit.

o If you have a lot of RAM available and you can still use some more for SysTune, increase this limit.
o A value of 0 will let SysTune use all memory available, even if this can lead to software instabilities.

Best regards,

Guillermo Sanchez
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website MSN Messenger
AFMG Network Forum Index -> AFMG SysTune