AFMG Network Forum
AFMG Network Forum Index -> AFMG SysTune -> Systune vs other programs
Systune vs other programs
PostPosted: Wed May 07, 2008 3:12 am Reply with quote
Luis Pinzón

Hello guys!!! this is Luis from Mexico...

Two days ago, I downloaded the Demo version of Systune, and I fell in love with it!!!

But, as you can figure, money isn't comes easy this days, and I have to take a choice...

Can You tell me what will be those features that can make me decide for this program over SaTlive or Smaartlive 6?

(Obviously, I know about the multichannel feature, I want to know some deeper features, like the number of fixed points per octave, etc)

Thank You!!!
PostPosted: Fri May 09, 2008 12:01 pm Reply with quote
Stefan

Hi Luis,

I suppose you already read our website www.EaseraSysTune.com. You will also find some detail information in the manual.

In my view the highlights are that you don't need to worry about the delay finding anymore since everything is transparently shown in the real-time IR. Also, the real-time IR makes it very easy to time-align loudspeakers, subs etc..

Being able to derive the full IR using a dual-FFT setup even gives you the possibility to make room-acoustic measurements in occupied venues during the rehearsal or show. Therefore the RT or STI of a hall full of people is now very easy to measure.

In addition to the multi-channel capabilities SysTune also offers the new TFC window which allows you to window out reflections but at the same time conserves low frequency content. In contrast to functions known in other RTA-software, the TFC technique does not rely on fixed-size intervals but it is a continuous function and thus also provides a result that does not suffer under discontinuities.

Finally, v1.1 of SysTune will bring new features, like integrated DSP control. We have just shown a preview at AES-Brazil and will make another demonstration at Infocomm in Las Vegas this June. The free upgrade will also include other new functions that our users asked for.

You will understand that I cannot compare SysTune directly to any of the tools you mentioned. I really don't know them well enough.

But in the end what counts is that you feel comfortable with the software and that it is the right tool for you. Make sure you check out the time-limited but full-featured trial version also.

Stefan

PostPosted: Fri May 09, 2008 5:13 pm Reply with quote
Luis Pinzón

OK!!! enough for me...that's what I'm looking for..

So, here goes my "wish list":

A really big SPL readout in one of the display areas

Abillity to change gui colors

A "Polar plot" function (like the one that comes on a free program named imPULSE)

And perhaps a "dongle" version in order to use it on more than one computer...

Thank You!!!
PostPosted: Sat Jun 14, 2008 8:05 am Reply with quote
nielsjanssennl

Stefan wrote:

Finally, v1.1 of SysTune will bring new features, like integrated DSP control. We have just shown a preview at AES-Brazil and will make another demonstration at Infocomm in Las Vegas this June. The free upgrade will also include other new functions that our users asked for.

Stefan

Stefan when will the V1.1 be released? And wich DPS processors are supported? Is there also the function of a EQ overlay on the freq. respons ?

With best regards,

Niels Janssen
The Netherlands
AFMG Network Forum Index -> AFMG SysTune