AFMG Network Forum
AFMG Network Forum Index -> AFMG EASERA -> [b]Saving and recalling microphone frequency response data[/
[b]Saving and recalling microphone frequency response data[/
PostPosted: Mon Jan 14, 2008 8:19 pm Reply with quote
Arkytype

On page 187 of the EASERA Users Manual it states that one can enter the frequency response of a microphone into the Reference File.

How is that accomplished?

I want EASERA to be able to subtract the (albieit small) frequency response errors of my B&K 4133 capsule each time I make an acoustic measurement.

Thanks,

Lee
PostPosted: Tue Feb 05, 2008 8:00 pm Reply with quote
Stefan

Hi Lee,

if you don't already have the mic response in an audio file format, you will need to convert it first. For example, EASERA v1.1 supports full text format files, such as the native ETX format. You can convert your response into this format and read it in.

Once you have the response, go to the Measurement group box on the Measurement tab, and press the [...] close to the input channel for which you know the microphone. Then, enter your B&K microphone and press Add Reference File to include it as a reference. After leaving the dialog window, enable the checkbox for that input channel. Make sure that the compensation file has the same length and sample rate as your selected measurement setup.

Stefan
AFMG Network Forum Index -> AFMG EASERA