AFMG Network Forum
AFMG Network Forum Index -> EASE 4 -> Switching from Ulysses to EASE - will jr be enough?
Switching from Ulysses to EASE - will jr be enough?
PostPosted: Thu Mar 01, 2007 11:32 am Reply with quote
kainosmedia

Hi all! New face at this forum.

I work as a sound consultant and I have used Ulysses by ifbsoft for a couple of years for sound system design and simulations. Ulysses has filled most of my needs so far but the past year more and more of my clients want me to do acoustical calculations and simulations as well as sound system design. I am starting to feel that I am growing out of Ulysses. Another problem with Ulysses is that speaker manufacturers tend to publish model files in the EASE and CATT formats only, so when it comes to newer speaker models I am becoming more and more limited.

I don't think I can afford the full version EASE at this moment, so my hopes are that EASE jr would fulfill the requirements I have, which are basically everything that Ulysses can do: Reverberation calculations, ray tracing, ETC, STI, Alcons, multiple speakers with different EQ and delay times, and so on.

I have read the info on the sites but it's hard to say if everything you need is there until you hvae the hands on the software. Does anyone here use EASE jr mainly for sound system design? Can you tell me more about the limitations and features of the EASE jr? If there is anyone that has used both Ulysses and EASE jr it would be great to hear your opinions.

Thank you for your time!

Anders Haggblom
Kainos Media
Finland
PostPosted: Mon Mar 05, 2007 2:07 pm Reply with quote
kainosmedia

no EASE jr users? anyone?

/Anders
PostPosted: Mon Mar 05, 2007 8:35 pm Reply with quote
Stefan

Anders,

maybe the easiest way to check out EASE Jr is to look at the web tutorial on www.renkus-heinz.com and contact the EASE team at RH with specific questions. They are usually very responsive, although this month may be a bit busy with NSCA and PLS.

We do not know much about Ulysses, so we cannot really compare it with EASE Jr.

We are working on a general demo version also, but if you would like to evaluate EASE right now please contact us directly.

Stefan
AFMG Network Forum Index -> EASE 4